1.    #1  
    Hi there!

I have a Treo 680 locked to a Brazilian provider (Claro) and updated to the last oficial ROM (2.12 ROW).

Before the update I was close to throwing the phone from the window. Now I only have a couple of problems.

The one that annoys me most is when I have an incoming call alert and it just freezes. I have to reset the phone getting off the battery (which lead me to the other known clock delay bug).

Just to make sure no application or setting was messing up my Treo I did a hard reset and kept only PIM databases and Palmary Clock 3.61 (last ver.) which I just can't live without. In the same day I had the problem again.

I use the setting that locks the touchscreen during calls and a password to lock the phone after 5 minutes of inactivity. Might be related.

Anyone has seen this same problem?
    Sometimes it happens to me too.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    How many contacts do you have in your address book and do many have pictures?

It's possible that a corrupt contact is causing an issue..?
    Derv,

That's a good possiblity. I've got > 3,000 and about 15 pix. Mine has the same issue from time to time. Frustrating. All lags increased after the v2.11 ATT downgrade.
    Patrick Horne
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Yeo-wsers! I did have over two thousand contacts in my Tungsten T3 but decided that there was no way I really knew that many people. I narrower down my contacts to around five hundred.

I don't miss the other fifteen hundred... and the T3 became noticeably quicker in the Address application. The Treo has rather more emphasis on the Contacts database so I'm thinking any error in this database could proper mess up the device.

You might want to go to Pimlico's website to download their PIM error checking applications or TealScan to check the database?

Depending on how you Hotsync, would archiving a significant number of contacts be a possibility? MyCallLog available at www.payalba.com (I think!) is what I use now and it has some powerful features that might help decide who to remove...

I also meant to ask if the handset always hangs on certain contacts?
    mine has 1400 contacts, I will try to clean up few hundreds, thanks
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DervMan View Post
    How many contacts do you have in your address book and do many have pictures?

It's possible that a corrupt contact is causing an issue..?
    It make sense DervMan, although I always clean up my database of around 500 contacts and only have a couple of pics, I'll git it a shot.

It never locked when I was looking for a contact.

Thanks (to all) and Regards,
    NomadeRJ
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I remember reading something - I think it was when Rob at Hobbyist introduced the MagicTones application - detailing what PalmOS has to do when an incoming call arrives; it has lots of things to look up. Throwing more contacts into the mix might mean that it has a greater database to sift through. Perhaps - and I am clutching at straws here because the contacts database never seems especially large - perhaps if the device needs to clear some DBCache whilst managing a call, it falls over?

Perhaps. Seems a bit of a stretch to me.

Has anybody who has reduced the contacts in their device noticed any improvement?

Also - you might want to try the trial of TealScan to see if there are any corrupt entries in the contacts database? There may be other applications that can scan the contacts database.
    Doesn't matter how many contacts you have ... seen it happen with less then 30.

Reboot it once in awhile
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    Doesn't matter how many contacts you have ... seen it happen with less then 30.

Reboot it once in awhile
    How many pictures? It may also be a corrupt contact and that may only take one...
    How many pictures? It may also be a corrupt contact and that may only take one...
    No pics at all
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Right. I'm guessing you didn't check for a corrupt entry?
    Right. I'm guessing you didn't check for a corrupt entry?
    How do you do that?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I only know of one application that can do this, TealScan, which is available from www.tealpoint.com. I did think that Pimlico's dbScan can do this but it only covers the appointment and task database.
    My wife's 680 is doing the same thing, randomly locking up when someone is calling. She hates the phone now.

I've given her my old Treo 650 which has been rock solid.

Oh BTW, her contact is less than 100, and all are in the SIM card.

Will a ROM update help?