1.    #1  
    I try and forgive my 755P for the resets and lockups on calls. I use it for the usual stuff plus Slingplayer and Takephone.

I need something smaller to carry in my pocket. My contract is almost up and I can get a Centro if I sign up for 2 years again. I don't want to lose my $30 Sero plan, since they are telling me that to get the $100 rebate, I need to sign up for a $60 500 minute everything plan. Makes no sense since it costs me so much more monthly.

Am I crazy since I already have a working 755P?
    I don't know about the sprint Centro, but the Verizon Centro is very fast and stable. Almost everyone that has gotten the Centro, says that the smaller screen is a non-issue. However, the stability and size are much better than the 755 and it is well worth the upgrade.
    Screen is not so much of a problem. But keyboard may be if you do a lot of typing and you have big fingers. I say 'may be' because I am sure a lot of people will tell you they have large fingers and do tons of typing but don't have a problem at all.

Also, battery is significantly smaller. I use the Seidio 2200 extended same size in my 755p. Even compare that to the 1350 new extended same size Seidio for the centro and it is still much larger on the 755p. However, I believe the centro is better optimized for battery life (based on my informal testing) so the difference won't be as great as the stated numbers.

Finally, in case you care, you can see the LED of the 755p when in a vertical pouch on your belt by just glancing down to your waist. You can't on the centro because the LED is just a dot facing forward whereas it is a curved line on the 755p that faces forward and slightly up. I find that important so I can quickly glance to see if I have an e-mail waiting in Chatter.

The vibrate is much stronger on the centro though. Good luck!
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    And remember, you can buy a Sprint Centro outright on eBay (lots cheaper then Sprint) and not extend your contract at all!
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
  5.    #5  
    I would like the stronger vibrate as I never feel it when I get a call. The only real thing that does worry me is the issue of battery.

In using both Slingplayer, emails and some internet, I can have a battery level of about 35% after 10 hours. If I can get the same sort of performance with the Centro, or add an extended battery and get more, it would be a no brainer.

Keyboard size is fine for me, and I already have been scouring Eb*y for a Centro. I am not going to extend my contract and pay an extra $20 a month, just to save $100.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssieweel View Post

In using both Slingplayer, emails and some internet, I can have a battery level of about 35% after 10 hours. If I can get the same sort of performance with the Centro, or add an extended battery and get more, it would be a no brainer.
    Then it's a no-brainer. I recently purhcased Seidio's extended battery with the hump-backed battery door, and battery life is more than twice as much as the stock Centro battery.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
  7.    #7  
    But the extended battery is not too bulky? I used to have the big one for my 700wx and that made it quite heavy.
    One of my friends recently got the Verizon Centro and the keyboard on it is very small. I have huge hands and I could manage typing on it was very comfortable
  9. EWT
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I went from a 755 to a Centro I picked up off ebay while my 755 was being repaired by Palm. I was planning to resell it after getting a new 755, but after using the Centro for about a month, the replacement 755 I got the other day is about to go on ebay.

755 pros:

1. Keyboard is significantly better. The extra spacing between keys really improves usability. I can reliably type with two thumbs on the 755, but not the Centro. The Centro isn't awful, just not as good as the 755.

2. The screen is somewhat better. Everything seems about 10% smaller on the Centro.

3. The 755 looks and feels like a "nicer" phone.

Centro pros:

1. Feels like a much smaller phone in pocket. I can comfortably keep the Centro in my jeans pocket. I usually used a holster with the 755.

2. The Centro just works. No pauses, crashes, need to reinstall software to make things work properly. It works like I always wished my 755 would.

For me, the Centro pros outweigh the 755 pros. I miss the 755 keyboard, but that's about it.
    Try calling Sprint and telling telling them you're going to consider a move to Verizon if they won't give you the rebate and let you keep your existing plan. Can't hurt.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    I try and forgive my 755P for the resets and lockups on calls. I use it for the usual stuff plus Slingplayer and Takephone.

I need something smaller to carry in my pocket. My contract is almost up and I can get a Centro if I sign up for 2 years again. I don't want to lose my $30 Sero plan, since they are telling me that to get the $100 rebate, I need to sign up for a $60 500 minute everything plan. Makes no sense since it costs me so much more monthly.

Am I crazy since I already have a working 755P?
    I had a 700P and had a chance to go with the 755P or Centro. I'm glad I went with the Centro as it is much more stable than the 700P and reportedly more stable than the 755P. I wish it had a bit bigger screen. I like the improved signal strength. One thing though, by carrying any phone in your pocket you are exposing it to more moisture which may lead to failure. Your body gives off moisture and your pockets are more humid than the air around you. Just a thought. I will probably move to another platform next year, possibly crackberry, windows, linux, etc. Tired of non-multithreading POS...
    Quote Originally Posted by EWT View Post
    I went from a 755 to a Centro I picked up off ebay while my 755 was being repaired by Palm. I was planning to resell it after getting a new 755, but after using the Centro for about a month, the replacement 755 I got the other day is about to go on ebay.

755 pros:

1. Keyboard is significantly better. The extra spacing between keys really improves usability. I can reliably type with two thumbs on the 755, but not the Centro. The Centro isn't awful, just not as good as the 755.

2. The screen is somewhat better. Everything seems about 10% smaller on the Centro.

3. The 755 looks and feels like a "nicer" phone.

Centro pros:

1. Feels like a much smaller phone in pocket. I can comfortably keep the Centro in my jeans pocket. I usually used a holster with the 755.

2. The Centro just works. No pauses, crashes, need to reinstall software to make things work properly. It works like I always wished my 755 would.

For me, the Centro pros outweigh the 755 pros. I miss the 755 keyboard, but that's about it.
    Those were my main points when I moved to Centro. I had a 700p and was more than glad to move to the Centro. After a year though, all I really miss was the completely customizable LED. And the higher capacity battery. But its worth it to make the size of the Centro smaller.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I recently switched my family to Sprint and both the wife and I got Centros. I didn't opt for the data plan on her phone and only got the $15 plan on mine. I knew I wasn't eligible for the $100 rebate on either phone but I filled out the rebate form and put all four numbers on it. Kid's both got Rumors and were elig for $50 on each.

I kept tabs on the processing of the rebate and discovered that they were in fact giving me the $100 on both Centros! Yay! Got my $300 check the other week.

So it can't hurt to just fill out the rebate form anyway. My guess is that they don't compare plan options to the requirements for the rebate. Like in the grocery store when you have a coupon for something you didn't buy, usually they just override and give you the discount anyway. Worth a shot!
    I switched from a 700p to Centro largely for the form factor and i love the Centro's sleeker form.

As for battery life, I bought an extra battery and swap when needed. At the office and at night, I'm generally plugged in.

SlingPlayer drains the battery fast and I've also noticed that the battery gets VERY warm while I'm using it. But the picture is AMAZING and it's much more convenient with the smaller device.