Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    The Centros have a version of calendar that is 1.3.4, and my Treo 755p has calendar with version 1.3.2. How can I get that newer version of the built in calendar app?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Buy a Centro and see if its improvements are worth the tradeoffs from the 755p (smaller battery/screen/keyboard/stylus).

Other than in a few rare instances (T|C, LifeDrive & T5 ROM updates) Palm has traditionally refused to offer updated versioins of bundled apps on individual devices. The incremental/sidways/backwards improvements made over the past 6 years with OS 5.x devices means they'd rather you buy a new device to get the latest "whatevers".

I've long felt that Palm should offer users updated ROM versions of the latest PIM apps, Blazer & VersaMail versions for a nominal fee but they'd rather not deal with the support costs and just sell you a new piece of hardware outright. Otherwise, we'd have even more T3, TX and 700p users still clinging to their old devices than we do now.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    Buy a Centro and see if its improvements are worth the tradeoffs from the 755p (smaller battery/screen/keyboard/stylus).

Other than in a few rare instances (T|C, LifeDrive & T5 ROM updates) Palm has traditionally refused to offer updated versioins of bundled apps on individual devices. The incremental/sidways/backwards improvements made over the past 6 years with OS 5.x devices means they'd rather you buy a new device to get the latest "whatevers".

I've long felt that Palm should offer users updated ROM versions of the latest PIM apps, Blazer & VersaMail versions for a nominal fee but they'd rather not deal with the support costs and just sell you a new piece of hardware outright. Otherwise, we'd have even more T3, TX and 700p users still clinging to their old devices than we do now.

I love my 755p. I hate the Centro's form factor. I'm not changing. I need that rom! (anyone?) lol
    What is different between the versions? What has been added? If nothing new has been added, why force it?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    What is different between the versions? What has been added? If nothing new has been added, why force it?

It's a bit more customizable. Hell, I upgraded from the 700p, to the 755p. Not much of a difference, but at the time it was the latest that I liked. Even if it's only minor tweeks, I want it. My GF has the Centro. I installed Filez and thought I could ajust the copy protection, but I can't even find the prc in there in able to do that.
    Try going to Filez and checking off the ROM box to show all files in ROM as well. I think the file is called Date Book or Date Book_enUS (more likely this one) although I'm not positive since I don't have a centro.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Here's a VERY informative list of the actual software/PIM/OS changes between the Centro and older Palm OS-based Treos. I haven't seen these topics covered anywhere else but Treonauts.

http://blog.treonauts.com/2007/10/palm-centro-sof.html

I too detest the Centro's styling & formfactor.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    The only thing I noticed different about the calander in my Centro compaired to the one on my 650 is NOTHING. Oh except it likes to put an alarm on every new event, I hate that!!
    Terry