Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I like the iPhone but after 8 months, I miss a qwerty keyboard so I dusted off my 680, threw my sim chip in and started to use it today... Hello again!

Any new must have apps that have come out in the last 8 months?
    ......was just considering the move the other way! That on-screen keyboard...what's really like?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Its good.. especially after a couple of weeks cuz the iPhone will learn the words you use and correct the misspellings... but thats what bugs me... u will always misspell something because of the keyboard and it will always fix the words.. but sometimes it doesnt fix the word, especially if its slang, so most likely every text message will need some sort of editing before u hit send... especially if youre a fast typer that rushes txts out in a hurry... if youre not and u slowly send messages and are in no rush then no worries...
    ...hmmm.....I'm not sure I like the sound of that! I find predictive texting bad enough (hence my love of the 680)... Still....I really would like the browser...

Decisions decisions....

Thanx!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Best browser on any phone... and you can turn off the predictive text... but i think you will be editing alot of words if the predictive text wasnt there. Youll more often then not hit a wrong letter when typing on the virtual keyboard
    Well I never went to the iPhone but did go to the Centro from the 680. The Centro had screen trouble and sent it in for repair. While it was being repaired I used a 680 I got from a friend for a back up phone. I now have the Centro back but have gotten used to the 680. Both are good phones but the signal value on the 680 is much better. After all, it's first a phone and then a PDA. I think the Centro is now going to be my back up phone.
    Florida Tony
    GSM: Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro > iPhone 3G S
    I have the Treo680 & the iPhone, both are amazing to be honest.
    The iphone is amazing, the issue is it is not an amazing phone. I went full circle too.
    Just turn off 3G mode, only use this mode for Data. I always have it on 2G and my signal is between 90-100%

I'm located in Toronto w/ Rogers.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    How well does the iPhone 3G handle switching between 3G and 2G radios?
    I know nothing about iPhone 3G, but the 1st generation iPhone had the radio messed up.

My friend has one and the radio just sucks. Like this simple problem: when you go to a zone with no coverage and then u get into a fully covered zone the radio just hangs. Therefore, you need to restart the phone to get it working.

That's what I know, I am just confused that this problem isn't mentioned anywhere!
    The radio on the iphone is ultra clear ... it's AT&T prob, too many ppl using the 3G radio and too many ppl on their networks I assume. Noticed the BB Bold has been delayed 100s of times, even though that unit has software probs also.

3G Mode in Canada is bad also, a lot of dropped calls.

Maybe someone here can confirm how well the iPhone 3G is running on 2G on AT&T
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    My friend has one and the radio just sucks. Like this simple problem: when you go to a zone with no coverage and then u get into a fully covered zone the radio just hangs. Therefore, you need to restart the phone to get it working.
    So, the iPhone struggles when the 3G signal is inadequate and doesn't switch to a 2G signal very well; or it doesn't relocate a signal.

Perhaps if this problem isn't commonly known... it isn't a common problem?