1.    #1  
    I drive a White cargo van for work (I'm a electrician....Thought i'd clear that up). I have parts bouncing around and rattling, wind noise its a 1994 Chevy van so it is old and has some wind noise. Sometimes I have my windows down.... you get the point.

I haven't had a bluetooth headset in about 1 1/2 years or so. I have been looking at the Moto h700 and few others to use with my Treo Pro Any help would be appreciated
    thx.
    I have the same van you have, just ten years newer
    I have the metal shelving and drawers and stuff. I suffer the same noises you do. With the Blueant Z9 that I had, when I would talk to the wifey, she would ask, "it sounds like there are turkeys in the background." I'd laugh and tell her that it is the drawers squeaking in the back. It SUCKED! Retired it and then a newer firmware came out and upgraded it. Way better than before.

Then I got the Blueant V1 two weeks ago. Works great! Not as loud as the Z9(incoming to the earpiece) but the DSP is way better. The only reason that I haven't been using my Jawbone 1, is because I lost the rubber ear canal piece and am lazy to get a replacement. But I would like to say, IMO, that the V1 is a great buy. I bought it on ebay. Good Luck !
  3.    #3  
    I am looking at the plantronics 815. i heard that would be great for noisey areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    I drive a White cargo van for work (I'm a electrician....Thought i'd clear that up). I have parts bouncing around and rattling, wind noise its a 1994 Chevy van so it is old and has some wind noise. Sometimes I have my windows down.... you get the point.

I haven't had a bluetooth headset in about 1 1/2 years or so. I have been looking at the Moto h700 and few others to use with my Treo Pro Any help would be appreciated
    thx.
    I use a plantronics 640. Nothing special about it, but after buying a bunch of more expensive headset, none worked any better. I resorted to putting an earplug loosly in my other ear and that helps.
  5.    #5  
    I've had the 640 too. but, i don't think it has DSP or it was in the early stages. i sold that one a while ago.
    The Plantronics Voyager 520 is pretty good. It has a windscreen on the mic and also DSP. Not sure how it compares to the Blueant or the Jawbone. Only wish the 520 was a little louder on incoming audio.
    I've tried the z9i, Blueant, Jawbone I & II, Plantronics 510, Jabra JX-10... and the winner is: the Zivio Boom from Joby. It doesn't depend on DSP to "electronically attempt" to filter out background noise, and the headset provides excellent incoming/outgoing sound with fantastic noise reduction, that is truly natural sounding.

Check out the extensive thread at HowardForums for more user feedback:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1401712
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
  8.    #8  
    ordered the 815 so i will give it a try and see
  9.    #9  
    returned 815 and got the 855