1.    #1  
    I'd like to use an old fashioned bell sounding ringtone (like the ring a rotary dial phone would produce) on my Centro via Ringo.

Can anyone point me to a website where I can download this for free?
    Search for "mini tones", it's a free ringtone creator then search the web for free ring tones. Simply add the ringtone to your next synch and "mini tones" will do the rest.
    Here you go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  4.    #4  
    Thanks.

Works great.
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    After I downloaded the ring, I put it into my quick install. It went into my card rather than the phone. However, when I look for the ring to attribute the ring to a contact, it doesn't look for sounds on the card. What am I missing? I installed minitones and it still says there is no application on the organizer to handle the midi file
    Last edited by miller; 10/08/2008 at 11:17 AM.
    thanks - was looking for this too!
    There are a couple of ways to add a midi ringtone to the Centro. For the OldPhone tone posted here, download and make sure you have unzipped it. Do not use the quick install. The easiest way to install it to your device is to email it to yourself as an attachment. Tap/press on the attachment (long press) and when you release, the file will save to the midi file data base on the phone. It will ask you to confirm the save and give you the option of renaming. It will then appear as a ringtone option in the sounds manager. The other option for installing is to copy the file to SD card (using a card reader) and then add to sounds by using MiniTones. When you launch MiniTones, it will find all of the audio files on the SD card and list them. Check the sound you wish to add then tap "Add Selected" Good luck.
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kenspen View Post
    There are a couple of ways to add a midi ringtone to the Centro. For the OldPhone tone posted here, download and make sure you have unzipped it. Do not use the quick install. The easiest way to install it to your device is to email it to yourself as an attachment. Tap/press on the attachment (long press) and when you release, the file will save to the midi file data base on the phone. It will ask you to confirm the save and give you the option of renaming. It will then appear as a ringtone option in the sounds manager. The other option for installing is to copy the file to SD card (using a card reader) and then add to sounds by using MiniTones. When you launch MiniTones, it will find all of the audio files on the SD card and list them. Check the sound you wish to add then tap "Add Selected" Good luck.
    To borrow a phrase from my kids, you are the bomb diggity-dog...
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Here's an old Bell ringtone in mp3 format I use on my 755p. Works and sounds great.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    On the Centro you don't need Mini Tones to handle these files for ring tones, just e mail them to your self then pick them for the ring tone.
    Terry
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Thanks much, kenspen and fanrat10. Kinda shocking when it rings a BellTel ringtone, people look at the desk phone.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I have a fake "old handset" 2.5mm kit, looks like a 1970s handset - works *brilliantly* with a classic bell ringer!
  13. Zcu
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
    On the Centro you don't need Mini Tones to handle these files for ring tones, just e mail them to your self then pick them for the ring tone.
    Terry
    Please explain how to pick it. I tried and I don't get that option. Thanks
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Thanks for the old phone sounds. Most of the default ring tones that do have a phone sound seem to be more modern and electronic sounding. It's nice to have older, bell-like phone rings, too.

As for picking them, I think the basic suggestion is get them (unzipped) on the web somewhere and download them from there directly to your device. The way I did it was to save the files on my computer, unzip them, upload them to a web-accessible location on one of my computer accounts, put the URL into Blazer/Web, and select "Copy to ringtone" when the option menu comes up. Of course, to actually use it as a ring tone, you have to choose it in the sound preferences. If you're e-mailing them to yourself, I think you would need to select the attached audio file for downloading somehow, and hopefully the same sort of download option menu would pop up, giving you the chance to save it as a ring tone. I've never downloaded e-mail attachments on my Centro though, so I'm not certain about that works. I hope this is of some help.