1.    #1  
    I'm trying to replace TCPMP with Kinoma for video use. I usually rip my DVDs with FairUse as mpgs but I can't seem to figure out what settings I need to use to rip them so I can watch them in Kinoma. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    usually rip my DVDs with FairUse as mpgs but I can't seem to figure out what settings I need to use to rip them so I can watch them in Kinoma. Any suggestions?
    I'm not familiar with FairUse, but two good options are MPEG-4 (MPEG-4 Video, AAC) or FLV.

In case there are some details that might prove helpful, here's a post I wrote about doing the same thing with Nero Recode:

http://blog.kinoma.com/2008/02/use-n...kinoma-player/

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Charles. I'll see what I can do with it. When I get something working, I'll post the settings I used for future reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Thanks Charles. I'll see what I can do with it. When I get something working, I'll post the settings I used for future reference.
    Cool! Especially if you could make screenshots, I'd love to post this to our blog as well. You could be our first guest blogger.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks