1.    #1  
    I'm just wondering if there's an app or something out there that will allow me to map a button or a series of keypresses to initiate a soft reset. My main issue is that I'm tired of having to yank the skin off & take the battery out whenever I get a dead-stop lockup where the phone is totally unresponsive(which happens a lot when using opera mini). My skin is getting all stretched out

I know that there are a few apps which have a soft reset feature but they're useless if I cannot access them when the whole phone locks up. I'm looking for something that will function as a soft reset BUTTON, one that will override the lockups.

Anyone know of anything like this?
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    There is an app called mReset which is free. You can set it to a hard button, like the 'M' key or something that suits you.

But, if the phone locks up, you need to pull the battery. There is no spftware application that will replace the hardware reset button, found on the 650 and 700p. and now the 850 Pro has a hardware reset button again.

Several apps (such as Treo Launcher) have a menu option for a soft reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Several apps (such as Treo Launcher) have a menu option for a soft reset.
    Same with ZLauncher, which I use. I have my green button set for QuickLaunch, with a few apps listed in it, one of them being "Reset".

You could also try Soft Reset, although, I'm not familiar with it and am not sure if it can be set to a hardware button or not.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Resco Backup and almost all resco apps have reset options as well. Thats what i use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Same with ZLauncher, which I use. I have my green button set for QuickLaunch, with a few apps listed in it, one of them being "Reset".

You could also try Soft Reset, although, I'm not familiar with it and am not sure if it can be set to a hardware button or not.
    I use Soft Reset and you can use a program called DBLP that I have mapped to my Cal hard button on my 755p to call up Soft Reset. I also have Soft Reset set on one of my favorites button when I am in the phone app also. Either way works good.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    I have been using an app called CrashPro from 79bmedia, which intercepts an impending lockup and triggers a soft reset instead of locking up.

While it isn't perfect, it reduces the need to open the battery cover by at least 50%. I used it for many years on my old Kyocera 7135 and have had it on my 755p for nearly 1 year w/o any conflicts.

bk
  8.    #8  
    ^ that sounds great, thanks.

Thanks for the replies guys.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    There is an app called mReset which is free. You can set it to a hard button, like the 'M' key or something that suits you.

But, if the phone locks up, you need to pull the battery. There is no spftware application that will replace the hardware reset button, found on the 650 and 700p. and now the 850 Pro has a hardware reset button again.

treotraveler is right; if your phone is really locked up were you can not move around, software reset programs will not work and you must pull the battery.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Which one allows you to set a time, like 1am, to perform a soft reset?
    Consider NVBackup. It has an option for a soft reset after the backup. Kill two birds with one stone.