1.    #1  
    Whenever I transfer an Excel file, for instance, via Bluetooth from my laptop to my Treo 755p, the phone CRASHES as soon as I "accept" the file and, I guess, it tries to open it with Documents To Go.

If I e-mail the same file to myself from the laptop to my Treo 755p, it downloads the file just fine. But when I click on it, it says it's trying to translate, transfer, or convert (probably convert) the file... CRASH.

If, instead of clicking on that attachment, I click on the yellowish icon next to it (looks like a tiny Post-It) and choose the "save to card" option, it's all good. Documents To Go opens the file without a problem.

This is very inconvenient. Do any of you know what may be causing this issue?
    Thanks.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    A friend of mine had that "exact" same problem - except that it was "all" types of DTG not just Excel.

He did a hard reset and restore from his NVBackup - the backup was made right before that so it must have been some type of internal link system that was corrupt. BTW he has a 755p.
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 10/06/2008 at 02:00 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Are you running the built in release? If so, back the device up, execute a hard reset and see if it happens. Betcha it does not and that means a messed up file somewhere and will require a bit of effort to trace the bad one down.

If you are using a device based backup solution that backs up to the card and have a good backup from before the tragedy, that would also be a viable rebuilding point.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    A friend of mine had that "exact" same problem - except that it was "all" types of DTG not just Excel.

He did a hard reset and restore from his NVBackup - the restore was made right before that so it must have been some type of internal link system that was corrupt. BTW he has a 755p.
    I think the same thing happens with other D2G documents, like PDF files. Excel was just the most recent and convenient example.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm really trying to avoid a hard reset, but I may not have much choice if this becomes a bigger problem.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Are you running the built in release?
    That, plus whatever updates have been added onto it, yes.

If so, back the device up, execute a hard reset and see if it happens. Betcha it does not and that means a messed up file somewhere and will require a bit of effort to trace the bad one down.
    "A messed up file" meaning that an Office or PDF file is causing a problem that affects ALL (wirelessly transferred) files?

If you are using a device based backup solution that backs up to the card and have a good backup from before the tragedy, that would also be a viable rebuilding point.
    Nah. I do it all the old-fashioned way - which is kinda unfortunate since my main laptop is out for repairs, at the moment.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.
    DTG has been useless to me since I upgraded from v8 to v10 and upgraded to office 07. I can't open any files and it does not recognize my sd card(where all my files are). Tech support has been less than helpful so I just gave up and don't use it.
    I had this same exact problem when I did the free upgrade on my DTG for my 755p. I believe the free upgrade was to v. 8.0030. Anyway, a few people have reported this issue. to resolve it, you can revert back to the original version that came with your 755p.
    You can go to Applications, Delete, and delete anything with "ToGo" as well as "Documents". This will get rid of the newly upgraded version. I believe some others have had luck paying for version 10. hope this helps
    And I have used it since the 700P on a 700P and 2 Centros and now on an 800W.
    I use the one that is built into the rom on both the 755p and Centro. When I did the free DTG upgrade on the 755p and Centro (although the Centro is a different/better version?) I saw no improvement and they both took so much memory that I went back to the rom version.

I wish it weren't so because the upgrades are suppose to give you MS Office 2007 compatibility. Other than that they both work fine without a problem for the rom version.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p