Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i just picked up my 755p and i accidentally bumped a couple buttons (?) - don't really know what i did

anyway, the 755p was in "phone" mode (with the favorites minimized) and when i bumped the button(s) i saw a mini applications menu appear from the lower right hand corner of the screen, above the favorites buttons

???

anyone else ever seen this?

anyone know what this is?

and... does anyone else know what you press to see it again??
    Hold down the home button to see a recently-used list.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  3.    #3  
    oh

sweet

thx
    if you keep holding the botton down it will open the last app automatically. works great when needing to go back and forth between programs.
    Kyocera 7135, 700p, 755p and waiting for the next one. yehh!! PALM PRE please come to verizon.
    With the recently-used list open, hit "menu" and you'll see options of how to customize it. I have mine set to 12 recent apps, to activate on short rather than long press, and allow key shortcuts, which "lock in" certain apps to always appear in the list, and will open that app immediately after you hit the shortcut key. So, all I have to do is press "home," then "T" and my Tasks application will open.

To set a key shortcut, move the cursor within the list to the program you want, hit option and while holding option, press the letter key you want associated with the program. To delete the key shortcut, hit "option" then "backspace."
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
  6. Zcu
    I can't get a menu, when I hit menu my recent list closes. I'm on a centro.
    I have the same problem as zcu - I'm on a 755p and Centro.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    I have the same problem as zcu - I'm on a 755p and Centro.
    Me three............ at first I thought maybe it had something to do with me using Zlauncher, or settings somewhere (755p w/ Verizon).

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    I know at first it was the difference between having the popup app in memory vs in the rom.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I also can't get into the menu. I'm curious what I can configure.

What I've wanted for the recent-apps feature is an exclude list. For example I don't need apps that have hard key bindings to use up spaces in the recent-apps list. (I'm never going to press-and-hold the home key to get to email. I'm just going to hit the mail hard key.)
    no exclude list. run on short press, allow key shortcuts, # of recept apps
    Huh. I just assumed this is how it worked for everybody. I'm actually using it on a 650 (which doesn't come with it, but someone with a 755 passed it along to me). I'll attach the one I'm using here to see if it makes a difference for anyone. I can't imagine using it without being able to customize it the way I've done.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    Huh. I just assumed this is how it worked for everybody. I'm actually using it on a 650 (which doesn't come with it, but someone with a 755 passed it along to me). I'll attach the one I'm using here to see if it makes a difference for anyone. I can't imagine using it without being able to customize it the way I've done.
    I have that app as a standard feature in my 755p - but I do not have the ability to:

"set to 12 recent apps" - mine defaults to eight in the list

And I can't do any of the below

"to activate on short rather than long press, and allow key shortcuts, which "lock in" certain apps to always appear in the list, and will open that app immediately after you hit the shortcut key. So, all I have to do is press "home," then "T" and my Tasks application will open.

To set a key shortcut, move the cursor within the list to the program you want, hit option and while holding option, press the letter key you want associated with the program. To delete the key shortcut, hit "option" then "backspace."

But I can do "all" that with DBLP which is a mini launcher for DA's and standard apps. With DBLP that I have mapped to my Phone hard button and my Calendar I can pull up 12 apps per hard button and keep them in whatever order I need them in simply by holding down the hard button down for 1 sec so in my case I have 3 popup menus - two with 12 apps each using DBLP - one with eight apps by holding the Home key. Best of all DBLP is free!

Edit: btw I have no association with DBLP
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 10/16/2008 at 08:00 PM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

It's not a big deal for me to have my most recent apps listed on the home key. I use FastLaunch anyways, and sometimes forget about using the home key.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    I have that app as a standard feature in my 755p - but I do not have the ability to [...]
    This is BIZARRE, that an app I got from someone's 755 rom should have MORE functionality once it was moved over to my 650 ram

By the way, I've checked out the program you're referring to, and also Fastlaunch (mentioned by Delpita). They both excellent, but at this time I don't really need anything beyond the setup I have. Once I move to a 755 (or Centro -- still crossing my fingers Alltel gets it), then I may have to consider using those since it appears I'll lose the (extra) functionality of the standard Palm recent apps launcher
  16. Zcu
    I tried your recent app file ....still nothing doing. Sounds cool.
    My VZW 755p already has that file, but I haven't been able to get anything to happen when I hit 'menu' inside the Mini-Launcher.

You sure it isn't a different applet file?

Harold
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible
    I'm thinking that his 650 handles that app (apparently from a 755p) differently than the newer Treo/Centros that have that built in - but that is just my guess.

You can have that functionality with a free app called DBLP or some of the other launchers that are available both paid and free. See Delpita post #14 on FastLauncher.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

I'm thinking that his 650 handles that app (apparently from a 755p) differently than the newer Treo/Centros that have that built in - but that is just my guess.
    I'm wondering if it has something to do with the "menu" button being different on the 650 than on the 755/Centro. An interesting experiment would be to use an app like LudusP to switch the menu function to a different button, and see if it works then. Just so nobody thinks I'm making this all up, I'm attaching a screenshot of the options and tips screens.

(oh, just in case somebody asks "how did you get your palm to look like that," I'm using Palmrevolt to skin the Palm OS).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Interestingly enough, my 700 with the old rom behaves the same way.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast