1.    #1  
    Hey Guys,
    I had the 680 in my back pocket and sat down too hard. The screen broke and its completely black. Is there an alternate site for repair other than palm? They want 199 to fix it.

Any suggestions???
    options:
    if you are handy you can buy a 680 or 755 screen/digitizer off ebay and install it yourself. there are a couple of ebay sellers who offer these screens and they also give you instructions on how replace the screen.

another option is just to buy a used 680 off ebay or craigslist. you can get them for less than $200.

my 755p screen broke and I bought a cheapie 700p off craigslist and converted it into a 755p.
    Quote Originally Posted by 24locfinder View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I had the 680 in my back pocket and sat down too hard. The screen broke and its completely black. Is there an alternate site for repair other than palm? They want 199 to fix it.

Any suggestions???
    I have a screen for sale, bought it off ebay and still haven't used it.

PM me if your intrested.
    I tried to replace the screen on my 680. I was not successful. I ended up buying a new 680 for $200 and selling my old one for parts on Ebay for $60. Net price was $140.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I've opened my 650 a number of times, including once to replace my digitizer. It wasn't too difficult for me and I wouldn't call myself a pro at it.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM