1.    #1  
    I've been trying to play the greyscale demo of ababall on my Visor Platinum but it is extremely difficult. I've got streaks running all the way down my screen for each row of bricks. As I play, it gets progressively worse (I'm guessing this part of the problem is the result of battery drain). I've messed with contrast and everything trying to get it to go away. In fact, I have to play with the contrast almost all the way up in order to see the blocks. This makes the startup screen for the game almost completely black. I don't have any hacks activated, so I don't think that is the problem.

Another problem that I've come across while playing the demo is that every once in awhile the game will stop for about 1 second. In ther words, the ball freezes in midair and everything is stuck (no paddle movement, no button activity).

Am I the only one experiencing these problems?

- Burns
    Check out my page on Visors:
    Burn's Visor page
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Burns
    I've been trying to play the greyscale demo of ababall on my Visor Platinum but it is extremely difficult. I've got streaks running all the way down my screen for each row of bricks. As I play, it gets progressively worse (I'm guessing this part of the problem is the result of battery drain). I've messed with contrast and everything trying to get it to go away.

Am I the only one experiencing these problems?

- Burns
    Yeah, I loaded the Greyscale demo today on my Visor Edge, and was underwelmed, to say the least.

It seems obvious that this is a program which was developed for a color Palm (Visor) machine, and ported over to greyscale.

Also, I found the ball to move very slowly, making game play rather dull.

But the screen is *very* washed out on my Edge, which, on all other programs has a sharp, clear display.

Stick with Atom Smash! It has excellent graphics, has NEVER frozen up on me during a game, also has quite a few themes which you can load, allowing you to play different screens.

They (Red River, I believe) are also asking for beta testers for Atom Smash v. 2, so I guess it's pretty far along.

Anyway, while I'm sure Ababall looks cool on a color Palm, the greyscale version ain't so hot.
    yeah, nothing but a bunch of streaks for bricks (barely visible streaks at that) and a non existent paddle and ball. funny, i thought they would have tested it first.

and yeah, atom smash is great.

mc
    I should have ran the demo first but I bought Araball and yes the display sucks. Gameplay is terrible due to the display problems, my speed is fine since I'm running a Visor Platinum but they should just make it a 4 grey level game instead of trying for more.

Don't buy it until they rework the display.
    "Real intelligence is a creative use of knowledge, not merely an accumulation of facts." -- D. Kenneth Winebrenner