1.    #1  
    I used Findhack for years on my Treo 650 but since moving to a Centro I find it crashes my OS often.

Are there any hacks or programs anyone can recommend to enhance the inbuilt find function of the centro to allow only searches of certain databases and not everything?
    FindHack works great. Same name but not sure if its same app. Works without a hack manager.

perso.wanadoo.fr/fpillet/
    Quote Originally Posted by imfletcher32 View Post
    FindHack works great. Same name but not sure if its same app. Works without a hack manager.

perso.wanadoo.fr/fpillet/
    Try doing a search for contact while in contacts. Does it crash?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Try doing a search for contact while in contacts. Does it crash?
    Yes it does!

What gives - it only seems to crash when I am in Contacts but not elsewhere (works fine otherwise)

Any suggestions?
    No REAL solutions. My work around is Create an App Set named Contacts and set it to only search Contacts. Then invoke a find OUTSIDE of Contacts and choose that set to search. Other than that it works OK.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

FWIW,

Findhack 4.0.6.
    Verizon Centro

no crashes in contacts or anywhere else.
    Never crashed for me either. Yes, I tried a search while in Contacts and many other apps too. I CAN'T seem to make it crash. Perhaps its one of the apps you have it search?

Sprint 1.08 ROM
  8.    #8  
    I tried findhack 4.0.6 just to see if there was a difference but the crash still occurs when I am in contacts and do a find from there.

Could be another program that jamesgangut and I both have on our Centros causing a weird conflict

I have an unlocked Centro-1.02-ROW with firmware :G.R01.13. Could this be the difference?
    It is the merged Phone app that I don't think the CDMA Centros have. This happened on the 680 as well.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I have long been aggravated by the lack of a current Find replacement. I don't understand how people get by with the stock Palm find if they use apps other than the standard PIMs. I need boolean search options and search sets! Here are a couple of threads that relate to the subject. The developers of both FindHack and FindWiz have lead me to believe they are not 100% done with their apps, but neither seems to be moving forward either.

Here are a couple links to previous conversations regarding Find problems and options:

FindWiz 4.2, Intelligent Find 3.2.2, FindHack 4.0.7 compared
    What's your preferred Find tool?
    FindHack does double find

PLEASE stop by the product websites and drop them a note letting them know we need updated versions of their applications! You will find links to them in the posts provided.