1. crp
    Weird.

I just purchased a used 755P that seems to be working fine. But, I've noticed that for the past couple of days, after about 4 minutes into a call, I'll get a popup message telling me the battery is almost completely drained and the phone will shut itself off, which it then does.

Last night, while the phone was plugged in and recharging, the same message came up & the phone shut itself off. The LED was red at the time, so I'm pretty sure it was on external power.

About the only tweak I use is Lightspeed & I have it applied to the phone app.

Any ideas?

TIA,
    crp
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.
    What speed setting do you have your phone set at in Lightspeed - if you have it overclocked to high that could be your problem.

One more question - is either of the LS settings in red?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  3. crp
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    What speed setting do you have your phone set at in Lightspeed - if you have it overclocked to high that could be your problem.

One more question - is either of the LS settings in red?
    221 X 2.5 = 552 & neither setting is in red.
    Set it at 208/416 for the phone and try that before going on to other settings.

Later on for more demanding apps use 208/520. Not that you cannot use 221/552 - but be more conservative when 1st testing.

Let me know how that works on the phone.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

5. crp

Later on for more demanding apps use 208/520. Not that you cannot use 221/552 - but be more conservative when 1st testing.

OK, changed the Phone app to your recommended settings. I'll have to use it for a couple of days before I can report back results.
    FYI if you did not know it - the 755p default speed 208/312 - so 208/416 not alot faster but for the phone you don't need any speed increase in my test.

Let me know how it works.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

7. crp

Update: I just realized that I had an uninterrupted 53 minute phone call last night, no resets, beeps or anything. I'll continue to use the 208/416 setting and see if I get any more shut-down issues, but it looks like this setting eliminates the problem I was having.
    crp,

Here is some more info for you when you are ready;

The trick is to keep "like apps" clocked with the same bus/clock speed - Example; if you use TCPMP at 208/416 then its associated plugins should be at the same setting also - when you see the screen shots, you will get the idea, and do not use any settings that brings up a red number in the bus or cpu selection. May not be the fastest settings, but it is quick and stable for me.

Hope this helps you.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...159423&page=14

Then scroll down to post #269.

Then simply cut and paste the urls into your browser from the post to see a screen shot of the Lightspeed settings I use. BTW, I have no affiliations with the developer of Lightspeed.

Good Luck!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us