Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    I've started a webpage, so far the only thing i've really gotten done is the alert icons & some tutorials on how to install them.

List of alerts complete w/ pics

My attempt at creating a step-by-step tutorial, for both Filez & Resco Explorer

There's some other pages start, some wallpapers, etc. Hopefully I'll find a way for all of this to be installed OTA eventually.
    Nice tutorial...I have to try it!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    They're great! Thank you.
    Those are cool. Any thoughts on some sports items (i.e., football, baseball, etc.)? And maybe a martini glass?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I'm still using the bell! lol I can't decide what to get.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I downloaded the Hello Kitty one to Charlie's Centro and she was well impressed. Not much impresses my wife!
    A smiley face would be awesome! <hint, hint>

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Ok I dl'd the flower its cute. I remember someone asking for a cupcake here's the link post 332. I like the cupcake better.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=cupcake
    I like the new skull!
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I don't think I've seen a customization of the alert icon before, so this is interesting. I might try this, but I'd like to know how to get back to the default bell icon. I didn't notice anything about that in your instructions. How would you do this, keep a copy of the original file (renamed, probably) and install it back the same way your customized icons get installed?
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    the beginning of the filez tutorial explains how to remove.. for resco you just delete the hsysresource* file. i'll make seperate tutorials later
    Do I download the prc to my sd card, or rom? I did both, and followed the directions to the T, but the bell keeps showing.

Update: Uploading to rom does work, but my Butler keygaurd was blocking it. I disable keygaurd, and my blinkling skull greets me now LOL. Cool stuff.
    Last edited by He123321; 10/01/2008 at 10:34 AM.

I have a wife and three kids as a constant reminder.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to post and your hard work.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Okay so I tried it on my 680 and it works, but I cannot delete it to try another. Filez won't delete it with a database error.
    Quote Originally Posted by DervMan View Post
    Okay so I tried it on my 680 and it works, but I cannot delete it to try another. Filez won't delete it with a database error.
    Try using Resco Explorer (you can try it free) to delete the file. You may find that spending the money for Resco Explorer is well worth it.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DervMan View Post
    i'm curious, do you have any alerts active? If not, maybe try a soft reset, then try deleting it before receiving any new alerts..
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfyn View Post
    Try using Resco Explorer (you can try it free) to delete the file. You may find that spending the money for Resco Explorer is well worth it.
    I think you're more of an advocate for Resco Explorer than I am!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Well... I can't delete the file.

I have no alerts waiting for me.

Firstly, I tried a soft reset. Then I tried a warm reset (where you keep the D-pad pushed up during the reboot). No joy.

Then I tried Resco Explorer. It crashes the Treo when I try to delete the file. I tried it a couple of times just to be sure I didn't do something daft.

I've now uninstalled Resco Explorer. Having reached the point whereby my 680 is nicely stable, I am trying not to install reasonably complicated, chunky applications. Of course... I am also failing at this too! :-)
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    what carrier?
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    Those are cool. Any thoughts on some sports items (i.e., football, baseball, etc.)? And maybe a martini glass?
    I've updated the page in the original post with all of these as well as smiley and a few others
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast