Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SMILEY!!!!! Awesome!!! Thanks!!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Don't forget a tutorial on adding the custom smilies! I'm sure you're planning on it, just didn't see it listed there yet. There was also a thread somewhere with Tons of launcher icons... I believe it was the Treolauncher thread in the apps forum here. I'm on my Wii right now, but I'll try & remember to look for them when I get on the Mac. Thanks for doing this, by the way. I really appreciate all the effort & time you're putting in.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    what carrier?
    I'm using an unlocked 680.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    phwelo,

I tried to delete an alert with Resco and Filez and I'm still getting an open database error. I looked at the attributes and Open is checked. Is that causing the error?
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    phwelo,

I tried to delete an alert with Resco and Filez and I'm still getting an open database error. I looked at the attributes and Open is checked. Is that causing the error?
    Yeah, I started getting the same thing. I figured it out though, I'll post a tutorial on removing it

*edit:
    http://phwelo.mobi
    Goto Tutorials, Alerts, Removal
    Last edited by phwelo; 10/03/2008 at 08:34 AM.
    Anybody try this on the older phones like a 700p?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    That worked! Thanks phwelo!
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Anybody try this on the older phones like a 700p?
    sounds to me like it's been working on other palm devices, but def not formally tested on them at all
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    I've updated the page in the original post with all of these as well as smiley and a few others
    Those are great -- I'm gonna give a few of them a try. Thanks!
    So, any way to remove these alerts via FileZ?

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    It wouldn't work for me. So I got another trial for Resco.
    I like to change my alerts! hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    It wouldn't work for me. So I got another trial for Resco.
    I like to change my alerts! hehe
    LOL, just did the samething, and thanks for the tip.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    You guys really shouldn't gloat in public over not paying for pay software, especially one that you appear to need and is worth every cent.
    Last edited by Scott_L; 10/10/2008 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary comment
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    i'm working on figuring out a way to use filez to do it. i don't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible.

ah that wasn't too tough, i'll make up a quick tutorial for it and post at phwelo.mobi
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    http://phwelo.mobi/tutorials/Alerts/...lFZ/index.html
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    You guys really shouldn't gloat in public over not paying for pay software, especially one that you appear to need and is worth every cent. Do you work for AIG by chance?
    Nah it wasn't needed, just a workaround. Buying a file manager to delete one file feels a little bit over the top too.

I'm not saying that Resco isn't worth the money, but one of the reasons why I have bought so many applications for my 680 (and earlier devices) is that a few days into a trial, I discovered I couldn't live without the application. If I was desperate to remove the alert then I'd also try Resco, remove the file and then probably leave the application on the device for a time to see if it made an appreciable improvement to my usage of the Treo...

I hope the above doesn't come across as being rude because it isn't meant to be!
    Thanks for the tutorial.

Scott_L for those kind of comments, we us PM's.

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    You guys really shouldn't gloat in public over not paying for pay software, especially one that you appear to need and is worth every cent.
    I would PM but...I didn't.

Scott L.

I think you are taking this too seriously. A free trial is exactly that - free and its a trial. Why I shouldn't gloat and share the info with someone else who's stuck in a pinch. My intention was to remove a file and when File Z didn't work I used Resco as a workaround. Now that's there a fix for Filez I will go back to using FileZ when my trial is over with Resco. What business is it of yours anyway? Do you work for Resco? We're free to use as many trial apps as we want when we want. Take your guilt trip to your gloat-free zone!
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    One trial is fine, that's how it's meant to be, but the developers ask that you pay once the trial is up. Though perhaps not written, I believe they mean after one trial period - that's what made me speak up. I don't work for Resco, but I like getting paid for my work and feel others deserve the same. No more from me on this.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Yeah as regards shareware they probably do mean that. We could debate if a collection of few days uses is the same as one thirty day period or not, of course... but shareware isn't perfect...

What is annoying is an application leaving behind a trace, so that if you try an application, it doesn't work with something else you already have installed, so you delete it, contact the developers... then after a few months the developer reports that the problem has been fixed, so you go to try it again... it doesn't work because your trial has expired.

But we're off topic really..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast