1.    #1  
    Longtime palm/Treo user, just moved from a 700P to 755P. I have searched and found mention of similar problems but can't seem to find a good resolution. Hopefully there is one!

I bought a Sandisk 4G sdhc card with adapters. The card is not recognized by the Treo, it is seen by my PC and works fine there in the larger SD adapter.

I've tried reformatting in the PC, and reinstalling but still not seen in the Treo. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help!
    I had the same problem. The adapter that came with it didn't work, but luckily, I had a different adapter, that worked fine. But, the 4GB SDHC which I bought from Verizon worked for a day, and then stopped working. I took it back to Verizon. At first, they were trying to give me a run-around, saying I had to return it to the manufacturer, blah, blah, blah, but I insisted that they replace it since I had only had it for 2 days! The sales guy finally gave in, and after about 20 minutes of stooooopid paper work, I walked out of there with another 4GB SDHC. This one has worked perfectly for me.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Sometimes the "LOCK" tab at the upper left of the "card adapter" is not recognized by the Treo - use a piece of scotch tape over the sliding lock completely and the Treo should be able to read your card.

Hopefully the reformating of the card from your pc didn't make it unreadable in the Treo - as the card should work right out of the box - try the tape thing - it has worked for me an others.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    theres a freeware app in the mytreo.net downloads section to fix/help with that issue. If memory serves me correct its something like Cardmount. It has an option to keep memory card mounted.

The problems come in with the adapter.

If I can quickly post a link I'll update.
    Last edited by OLD_HATCH; 10/02/2008 at 09:35 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the responses!

Still no luck. The Sandisk Micro>Mini adapter is the likely culprit. There is no sliding lock on this. I tried some tape anyway with not recognized.

The micro sdhc 4G card is supposed to be acceptable according to Palm. I'll try to find that app and give it a go.

I have a 2g mini format card arriving today which I am hoping will work. It would be nice to have the 4G SDHC, but I can get by with 2. I can't believe how cheap these are: $10 shipped, on "the bay".
    You mean to tell me that there is no data protect/data erase lockout on your micro adapter? It would be a smal plastic or metal tab in the upper left had side - I'll see if I can take a picture of mine and post it tonight.

I have never seen an adapter without one. Strange.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

My micro to mini sandisk adapter has no lockout tab.
  8.    #8  
    That's right! No sliding tab on either the adapter or the 4g sdhc card itself. The adapter does slide in and eject, seems to fit fine.

My post count is too low to post an image or link, but you can see it on ebay if you do a search for: 4gb sandisk SDHC adapter
    Old Hatch and treo755guy,

You guys are probably right - after looking at the Treocentral accessories page -it is the standard SD adapter that has that lockout tab - so is there no protection on the mini adapter? Bummer.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

10.    #10  
    My new 2G mini SD just arrived and works fine. I give up on the 4G card! Thanks for your help!
    Did you try putting the micro into a different adapter? That worked for me.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p