1.    #1  
    Good evening to all ! I have received for my 69th birthday a used Treo 650. The 650 work wonderfull but he is not wifi equipped. I have buy a Spectec wifi card and downloaded the wifi 650 - 600.prc on ubergizmo and followed strictly the proceed. Unfortunately this system do not work and i have not the possibility to connect skype via a free hotspot...

Perhaps a member of this community may help me...

Sorry for my english but i am french native ! Friendly : denys
    Bienvenue à Treocentral !

Malheureusement, le wifi ne fonctionne pas avec le Treo 650, même s'il y a des "drivers" qui prprpré$tendent$ $le$ $rendre$ $possible$. $J$'$ai$ $entendu$ $parler$ $d$'$un$ $certain$ $succ$è$s$ $utilisant$ $l$'$Enfora$ $Wifi$ $sled$. $Faites$ $une$ $recherche$ $sur$ $le$ $forum$ $650$ $et$ $vous$ $recevrez$ $plus$ $d$'$information$.

Veuillez excuser mon français. C'a été un long temps puisque je l'ai parlé.

(Welcome to Treocentral. Unfortunately, wifi doesn't work with the Treo, even with drivers that claim to work. I've heard of some success using the "Enfora wifi sled." Do a search on the 650 forum and you'll find out more. Please excuse my French. It's been a long time since I've used it.)
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
    As mcentreville has explained, there are no software drivers that will enable the card to work with the Treo 650. Think of an "interpreter" between the two hardwares to make things work.

The only solution for Wi-Fi on the Treo 650 is the Enfora Wi-Fi sled has long been discontinued. The sled works well but it adds a lot of bulk to the Treo 650. It will also only support WEP at 802.11b. You may be able to get one from Ebay but I think there are very limited sources for that.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentreville View Post
    Bienvenue à Treocentral !

Malheureusement, le wifi ne fonctionne pas avec le Treo 650, même s'il y a des "drivers" qui prprpré$tendent$ $le$ $rendre$ $possible$. $J$'$ai$ $entendu$ $parler$ $d$'$un$ $certain$ $succ$è$s$ $utilisant$ $l$'$Enfora$ $Wifi$ $sled$. $Faites$ $une$ $recherche$ $sur$ $le$ $forum$ $650$ $et$ $vous$ $recevrez$ $plus$ $d$'$information$.

Veuillez excuser mon français. C'a été un long temps puisque je l'ai parlé.

(Welcome to Treocentral. Unfortunately, wifi doesn't work with the Treo, even with drivers that claim to work. I've heard of some success using the "Enfora wifi sled." Do a search on the 650 forum and you'll find out more. Please excuse my French. It's been a long time since I've used it.)
    bonjour et merci de votre réponse, mcentreville ! bien sûr je suis déçu car lorsque je suis en vacances en floride j'aurais aimé "skyper" mes amis en europe depuis un free hotspot... avant d'acheter la spectec j'avais essayé de trouver un enfora mais il n'y en a plus nulle part... ni neuf ni d'occasion... à croire que quelqu'un les a tous rachetés pour éviter un procès avec des fournisseurs d'accès... amicales salutations : denys
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr View Post
    As mcentreville has explained, there are no software drivers that will enable the card to work with the Treo 650. Think of an "interpreter" between the two hardwares to make things work.

The only solution for Wi-Fi on the Treo 650 is the Enfora Wi-Fi sled has long been discontinued. The sled works well but it adds a lot of bulk to the Treo 650. It will also only support WEP at 802.11b. You may be able to get one from Ebay but I think there are very limited sources for that.
    ok Maceyr ! i have the luck (chance) to be retired and to have much time to study this problem... and my knowledges in informatic are enough important to resolve this problem. I have downloaded all the existing editors to modify the treo 650 operation system, rom and ram... we want see if a stupid contract paragraph between a mobilphone builder (constructeur) and a strong mobilphone provider may me make lost the price of my spectec... best greetings : denys