1.    #1  
    My Sprint 755 came with a version of Pocket Express that was free and I used it frequently. About a month ago it said an update needed to be installed, which I allowed. Now when I try to do 411 search or other things it says I must by $4.99/month. How can I go back to the free version that I used for the past 1 1/2 years? Can someone e-mail it to me or ???

Thanks
    If you have a backup you could rstore all the ondemand files from it. You would have to delete the now pocket express before hand though.
    Hi, I believe the 411 service was free for a trial period, but then you must pay for it monthly. There are other free alternatives to using 411 or even Pocket Express.

Try the free program Tryda which is awesome and gives you options to Dial the # once you get it, or even map the address on Google maps and save the number as a new contact. Very very good program: http://tryda.com/Public/Default.aspx
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy View Post
    My Sprint 755 came with a version of Pocket Express that was free and I used it frequently. About a month ago it said an update needed to be installed, which I allowed. Now when I try to do 411 search or other things it says I must by $4.99/month. How can I go back to the free version that I used for the past 1 1/2 years? Can someone e-mail it to me or ???

Thanks
    Only parts of the program are free indefinitely. Most of the services you have to pay for. I consider it bloatware, too bad it is in ROM or I'd deep six it.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Yeah, I think it is a waste of space. If they don't make it possible to revert back to the free version, than they should let you know that "upgrading" means you will permanently lose the current freeware version.

I think its a pretty weaselly way of trying to get people to pay for something that they were using free of charge. Not giving them any money, and I think palm should ditch express on future devices if they don't remedy this little hat trick here.