Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    So today I was messing with my TAKEphONE settings
    and I discovered the i-bar launcher.
    OMG how great is this.
    I like it so much that I want it to replace my palm os factory launcher.
    I love the fact that I could press the home button and it will just show my apps, completely getting rid of my os launcher.
    It has such a fast response.
    Not like when I press the home button and it takes like 3 seconds to go in to my apps.
    when I press the button it instantly takes me to my apps...
    thats what really sold me; that and the nice background skin.



    I only have one beef with it.
    I have over 50 apps. and there isn't enough slots for me to fill all my apps in the i-bar launcher setting.
    I would like the full i-bar setting to be my main launcher. It just looks nice with the TAKEphONE theme.
    I would only need one more page to fill up the slots for all my apps.

    So my question is.....
    Is there any way possible that I can add an other page on my i-bar launcher instead of the 2 that are available???
  2. #2  
    That without additional programing from Shimon. I believe he has commented that he is reluctant to add another page (people have requested 4 or more pages) as it will greatly degrade the speed of the program.
  3. #3  
    Yep, ditto to what cavingjan said.

    You could always try FastLaunch. With FastLaunch, you can just press and hold a letter, and all the apps that begin with that letter will pop up, then just navigate to the app you want.

    I love TAKEphONE, and have both my i-Bar pages filled up as well, but I don't really need a 3rd page. The i-Bar I mostly use for a few apps, and web pages, and for my most called people. I mostly use FastLaunch to get to whatever app I'm wanting to open, I very rarely tap on my screen to get to an app.
    .

    VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

    TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

    Verizon Treo 755p
  4.    #4  
    I hear what ya'll are saying.
    dammmm
    I wish it was possible.
    I had a feeing it was gonna be something like that.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Yep, ditto to what cavingjan said.

    You could always try FastLaunch. With FastLaunch, you can just press and hold a letter, and all the apps that begin with that letter will pop up, then just navigate to the app you want.

    I love TAKEphONE, and have both my i-Bar pages filled up as well, but I don't really need a 3rd page. The i-Bar I mostly use for a few apps, and web pages, and for my most called people. I mostly use FastLaunch to get to whatever app I'm wanting to open, I very rarely tap on my screen to get to an app.
    one of the first buttons I press is my home button.
    I love going through my apps.
    and messing with all the random things I have on my phone.
    if I were to use an app like the one you just mentioned, I would feel like I wouldn't use half the things on my phone.
    I've never used a luncher other than the palm one.
    but now that I seen this I'm jonesin' for it to use it as my defualt just becaause TAKEphONE
    would be my all in one as my os.
  6. #6  
    But wouldn't you have to manually add links when you try new programs? Seems annoying.

    Personally I use TreoLauncher.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    But wouldn't you have to manually add links when you try new programs? Seems annoying.

    Personally I use TreoLauncher.
    Na, I'd just disable TAKEphONE i-bar
    when messing with a new app.
    I would just much rather have it TAKEphONE manage my OS.
    idk I guess its just me.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Yep, ditto to what cavingjan said.

    You could always try FastLaunch. With FastLaunch, you can just press and hold a letter, and all the apps that begin with that letter will pop up, then just navigate to the app you want.

    I love TAKEphONE, and have both my i-Bar pages filled up as well, but I don't really need a 3rd page. The i-Bar I mostly use for a few apps, and web pages, and for my most called people. I mostly use FastLaunch to get to whatever app I'm wanting to open, I very rarely tap on my screen to get to an app.
    Ditto what Del said. I use both, but because of the speed involved I use FastLaunch more than TAKEphONE to launch apps. I, like Del, use TAKEphONE for my most used apps, apps that are phone specific, and contacts, of course.
    All for One and One for All!
  9.    #9  
    I guess this proposal will never see light of day lol.
    No one agrees with me...
    so I guess the developer has no desire to fill in my request
  10. #10  
    Hi,

    The full-screen i-Bar is not meant to be a full launcher app - I do not have the bandwidth to compete in that market. It is only meant for quick access to your most used apps/contacts.

    Sorry...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

    The full-screen i-Bar is not meant to be a full launcher app - I do not have the bandwidth to compete in that market. It is only meant for quick access to your most used apps/contacts.

    Sorry...
    Works for me. Tks Shimon
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

    The full-screen i-Bar is not meant to be a full launcher app - I do not have the bandwidth to compete in that market. It is only meant for quick access to your most used apps/contacts.

    Sorry...
    Don't be sorry Shimon! You do AWESOME work!! I'm a happy camper!!
    .

    VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

    TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

    Verizon Treo 755p

Posting Permissions