Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Hey Everyone,

I'm moving BoraWare into an all new direction with software. With this I am going to stop dumping hours of my time into the ptpChat/ChatWorks projects. So as of now ptpChat 1, ptpChat 2, and ChatWorks are completely free. This means no registration codes or beta tester logins.

All downloads are available here:
    http://www.boraware.com/index.php?op...iles&Itemid=23

To read about BoraWare's new direction go here:
    http://www.boraware.com/index.php/20...-BoraWare.html

Enjoy!
    - Phil -
    BoraWare
  2. UserOne
    I always think its a great thing when companies decide to release their work to the freeware side of things!

Much appreciated! Thanx!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UserOne View Post
    I always think its a great thing when companies decide to release their work to the freeware side of things!

Much appreciated! Thanx!
    How is it great when companies aren't compensated for producing useful software?? People want things for nothing. I feel bad for the developer that people didn't feel that his work and effort was worth compensating him for it.

Just look at the Apple iPhone App Store. People complain on there if the app costs $0.99. I would gladly pay hundreds of dollars for useful business apps, but unfortunately I'm in the minority.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Sorry to hear that Chatworks development has ended, Phil. I thought that program had the potential to offer something that no other app out there offers. While I do think the freeware version will still be great, it would've been nice to see the program meet the goals you had set out for it. Nevertheless, I certainly understand your reasoning and your change in focus. I wish you the best with your new plans.

Stu
    All for One and One for All!
    It is a challenge for independent software developers to balance work and family. Meanwhile it is also sign of change, Phil is switching to WM based apps.

Good Luck, Phil and all the best for you and your family.
    Phil, good luck to you.
    Oh no, another sign Palm is going down hill.

BoraWare, I thank you for being a part of the Palm community.. Its developers like you that make Palm "keeping"

Slowly Palm Developers are moving on...I think I may have to readjust sooner or later.
  8. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    How is it great when companies aren't compensated for producing useful software?? People want things for nothing. I feel bad for the developer that people didn't feel that his work and effort was worth compensating him for it.

Just look at the Apple iPhone App Store. People complain on there if the app costs $0.99. I would gladly pay hundreds of dollars for useful business apps, but unfortunately I'm in the minority.
    I simply meant that once the developer realized the software wasn't selling... so, instead of just relegating the software to a folder on his HDD never to be used again, they have released it to a world of Palm OS users so it can be useful to any that want it.

Personally, I have spent hundreds on Palm OS software and do not mind paying for software that is a benefit to me. However, I am also a fan of those that take it upon themselves to enhance and contribute to the Palm OS community. I would much rather see a developer release something as freeware than just say "its not selling" and pull the software off the market.

Just my .02