Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Hi there -

My phone - out of nowhere - has gone into an endless "attempting to connect with computer" loop. It was working fine an hour ago; put it in my handbag, and when I went to use it it was doing the hotsync thing and everything I've thought of has done NOTHING to stop it. I've done a soft and hard reset, but as soon as it gets past the "welcome to sprint" screen, it goes back in the loop.

Ideas? It's actually been a great performer to date. It has the original firmware on it, and was purchased before the update. This is one of hte few problems I've ever had with it in nearly 2 years of hard use...

Thanks for any ideas!
    In my experience (2 or 3 times) I have had to hold the power button while it does the reset, then when you let go it will give you the "Erase all data" message. Once the Hard Reset is complete it will work fine. You will just have to hotsync the data back into it...
    Palm Downloads and Treo Tips and Tricks:
    Opensourcepalm.com
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroth View Post
    In my experience (2 or 3 times) I have had to hold the power button while it does the reset, then when you let go it will give you the "Erase all data" message. Once the Hard Reset is complete it will work fine. You will just have to hotsync the data back into it...
    Yeah, that's what I meant by a hard reset. I did several of those, to no avail.

HOWEVER... about an hour after all this started, with no further attempts from me, it went back to normal. I have NO IDEA what all that was about - we just had a huuugggeee storm here... could it have been something to do with that (ie from the Sprint end?)

Weird. Weird. Weird. I think it may be time to upgrade to a new one soon...!
    You have moisture in the contacts on the bottom of the unit. Put the phone in a bag of rice for a day or two with the battery out and let it dry out.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    You have moisture in the contacts on the bottom of the unit. Put the phone in a bag of rice for a day or two with the battery out and let it dry out.
    Thanks for confirming my other suspicion - I realised a little later that some things in my bag had gotten wet when I ran from the house to the car during the deluge here, and wondered if perhaps moisture was the culprit!

All seems well now, which is the most important thing since I'm travelling this week and REALLY need my Treo!

Thanks for the feedback.