1.    #1  
    Well I did it - I was trying to connect the wrong data cable and I scraped some of the metal of the connector on the 700 P for the data cable. I can plug in my cable into 700P - but it does not make a good connection ( damaged )
    So now - I can't hot sync. or connect via PDANet to a Laptop
    Is there any way this can be fixed - or am I stuck ??
    Thanks, Ira
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    Is the cable portion damaged or the phone portion?
  3.    #3  
    The phone connection is damaged - if I replace the phone - how can I transfer my programs from the old phone to the new one ?
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    If the old phone powers on and you have a memory card, donwload a program called nvbackup (it's a free download on opensourcepalm.com). it will let you backup up the entire filesystem and restore it to the new phone. You just need a memory card with some free space. ~60mb.
    Palm Downloads and Treo Tips and Tricks:
    Opensourcepalm.com
  5.    #5  
    Thanks - I have a 1 GB memory card with the following programs on it:
    Backupman ; Dir. Assistant; K maps; Pdanet

I am not sure what is backed up to backupman, however.
    I can't seem to open backupman and see what is on it
    When I click it - it just shows the dates of 2 prior backups.

can I just put the memory card in the new phone ?
    Then - how to transfer files from backupman to phone ?
    Can I use the Palm backup folder in the computer - to transfer files into hot sync folder - then hot sync to new phone ?
    Boy am I confused !
    Many Thanks for helping to bail me out here
    Ira