1.    #1  
    i need some help i have tried to hot sync my centro to my computer put it will do so what can i do to fix this problem. i thought it was the phone so i had it exchange for another one but still do the same thing. i have tried to hot sync on three different computers with the same results please help
    Do you have the latest version of the software on the computers? Have you tried another cable? Is the phone recognized by the computers? Is anything happening when you try to sync?
    There are tons of words spent on this subject; a simple search might bring bunches up.
    Since you didn't provide a single detail (such as the error message you're getting, OS version, Palm Desktop version, etc), don't expect to get much help. Sounds to me like user error of some sort.
    I have the same exact problem with the Verizon Centro I got yesterday...

While I try to hotsync, my computer keeps adding\removing the device in Device Manager... The Device is recognized as "Palm Handheld", but fails to install..

I have Windows 64 XP Pro Server 2003 version.
    Palm Desktop runs fine, but cannot sync...

I'm planning on buying a Bluetooth adapter in the future, but I'm currently stuck with a faulty USB interface.... At the moment I am soldering a Serial->USB adapter to see if a serial connection will work.

I have a similar problem with Syncing my Casio BE-300 though... so I'm blaming this problem on my OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by frogy1752 View Post
    While I try to hotsync, my computer keeps adding\removing the device in Device Manager... The Device is recognized as "Palm Handheld", but fails to install..

I have Windows 64 XP Pro Server 2003 version.
    Palm Desktop runs fine, but cannot sync...

I'm planning on buying a Bluetooth adapter in the future, but I'm currently stuck with a faulty USB interface.... At the moment I am soldering a Serial->USB adapter to see if a serial connection will work.
    Wow, that's a heck of an operating system you have there! Wasn't aware of a 64-bit XP Pro Server 2003.

All kidding aside, don't go blaming the Windows 64-bit OS. Blame ACCESS who refuses to properly support the Palm ecosystem by writing a 64-bit driver for the Centro's USB connection.

I have Vista x64, and the Bluetooth solution works okay for me. It hangs almost forever when syncing Media, so I turned that off. That said, I still loathe Bluetooth technology. It is so painfully immature with pitiful connectivity and primitive "virtual" serial port requirements. And nevermind that it kills battery life

I wish Palm would start writing their own OS and drivers again.
    Ya I was planning on the same...

I'm actually planning on making my own hands-free Bluetooth adapter for my car and a headset with rechargeable Lithium Ion battery... (Electrical Engineering is one of my intended Majors )

About done with the Serial->USB connector, which I believe will work as my solution... for both my BE-300 and Centro.

I'm also making a cradle, battery charger, and car charger
    All of which are actually very easy, though I have to buy adapters.

Also, My operating system is Windows XP Pro 64 Edition... though it runs a Windows 2003 based Platform.... With XP features. (extremely, extremely stable)
    Hey guys, i'm having a similar problem. Though my vista 64bit detected a new device but I accidentally hit the "don't show this message again" on the sync pop up. How do I get it back, now when I connect my centro it refuses to detect it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zweek View Post
    Hey guys, i'm having a similar problem. Though my vista 64bit detected a new device but I accidentally hit the "don't show this message again" on the sync pop up. How do I get it back, now when I connect my centro it refuses to detect it.
    I got error messages when using Vista 32 bit "Home premium".....I simply installed everything on my XP desktop and all has been fine. I thought I read that on the "Palm" website they have "hotsync" for Vista....check it out and let me know. I guess I'll try it as I prefer to use my laptop....it's more convenient.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I'm getting the SAME problem with my Centro.

I connect it with USB and I know not only are my ports working, but the Hotsync software is working and my Centro is working fine. Because it's brand new!

I filed a claim on my Centro because of this issue thinking that my USB port on my Centro was worn down and not working.

New Centro comes in and apparently this is still an issue.

The worst part is, I have searched. Every Phone forum I can find, I've searched on this infamous issue and everyone keeps saying to search, that it's been covered. Well obviously it hasn't because none of the threads I found had solutions. They all just died and were forgotten about. Even the ones on Palm's own site.

I'm sick of this and I'll NEVER own a Palm device again. It's utterly atrocious.

I connect it with USB and my machine repeatedly makes the "New Hardware" sound effect and keeps saying "Finding software for your device" and it NEVER finds it, even off the Palm CD. The worst part is, it keeps doing it over and over again. I hear the ding from it over and over again. None of my other USB devices are having trouble. My COM port is set to 9600 bits, I used the official CD that came with my Centro, I'm on Windows XP and here's the funny part- Pocket Tunes actually syncs up with my computer fine.

Hotsync just doesn't work. I have no idea what to do. I'm at wit's end and I want to just barge into AT&T or call their customer service and demand a different phone or I cancel service.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    i apologize to the forum vets if i'm repeating info, but here goes:

i have a new laptop with windows vista 64 bit, so my hotsync doesn't work either (apparently they haven't updated the software for this, i think)

first, make sure your computer and phone have an established bluetooth connection (open the bluetooth menu on your cpu and there should be step by step instructions - your cpu and phone need to have bluetooth turned on and "discoverable")

open the hotsync manager on your cpu, select "connections" and click the box next to bluetooth (assuming your cpu has bluetooth)...turn on the bluetooth on your cpu if it isn't on.

on your centro, open the hotsync manager, choose to set up a new connection type, search for bluetooth devices in the area, select your computer and give it a name you can remember. go back to the main hotsync screen on your centro and hit the button...you should see the normal sync dialog come up on your cpu...any of the normal things you would do with the palm desktop software can be done through this bluetooth sync, inlcuding installing software...it may take a bit longer than a physical connection, but at least it'll hold you over until they update the systems...

hope this helps! - if not, PM me...i don't bite