1.    #1  
    So yesterday I was messing with Resco Backup Pro v2.10.0.
    My phone was crashing and when it would turn all my serials would be erases and all my app were reset to trial versions.
    Anyways, I went an re-registered Resco Backup.
    I then fixed the problem....
    So I then decided to do a scheduled backup just messing around with the setting.
    It worked. But I now have a horrible problem.

from my main screen (TakePhone) If i want to to turn off my phone's screen using the red (power button)
    It first does this 3-5 second scanning operation.
    It goes like this:
    1.) I press the red button to turn off my phone.
    2.) Then in the middle of the screen, a little pop-up box shows up saying
    "Scanning RAM..."
    3.) Immediately after that, a status bar shows up at the very bottom of the screen saying "Rsc Phone-Data"
    and it looks like it's backing something up and I have the option to press "abort"
    4.) And finally a little pop-up shows up in the middle again saying....
    " Flushing Dbcache... "

I tried everything...
    I even tried uninstalling resco from both my phone and my sd card at the very same time.

Can someone please tell me what to do so that I can take this operation off when I'm trying to turn off my phone.
    Hi, you can change that by pressing your Options button, and click on Schedule. At the bottom are three things you can schedule Backup to do - be sure the bottom one is unchecked "At Power-Off". Click OK
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Ever since I got a T|X (I now have a 755p) I have been messing with the cache. I had purchased all the cache management tools out there. Tune and tweaked them unmercifully according to the best threads here and elsewhere.

Only after hosing a T|X (and I can't say why) and a 755p did I decide that I'd let the OS handle the cache exclusively, even if that meant an occasional reset.

Both my T|X and my 755p have been considerably more stable since I did that.

So, one approach is, if you can turn off the cache handling in Resco, do so.

As far as saving the preferences, I use Hobbyist Software's Reset Doctor, but I'll wager Resco something which does this, if you happen to like that platform.

Harold
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible
    I personally have Resco Backup do an automatic backup every morning at 3am and also let it flush the cache each time. I have never had any problems with this. But the OP's issue of it doing a backup on powering off, is because he more than likely has that option checked under Schedule.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    At power-off sounds handy, but it really is not. Resco Backup on a set schedule, flush the cache and execute a hard reset is done on my 2 Centros. In addition, I also use Reset Doctor to monitor the cache (use the default setting) and also have it set to lock the preferences. Also use OnGuard Backup to back up specific applications and databases (contacts esp).

No resets, but the lag with Reset Doctor clearing the db cache can be a distraction at times.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Hi, you can change that by pressing your Options button, and click on Schedule. At the bottom are three things you can schedule Backup to do - be sure the bottom one is unchecked "At Power-Off". Click OK

Sorry, I was out of the state.
    But that you for your prompt help.

So, I tried what you said and that option was not checked.
    I think that when I backed it up, it was under those settings.
    So when i uninstalled it and re-installed it I think the back up was still on my sd card.
    So i think thats why it kept doing that.
    So what i did was cut out the Back up folder in my sd card, and then I re-installed Backup and I only put the folder of my last backup.
    everything seems to be working fine now.
    but it was a mess.
    thanks for all your help.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hgoldner View Post
    Ever since I got a T|X (I now have a 755p) I have been messing with the cache. I had purchased all the cache management tools out there. Tune and tweaked them unmercifully according to the best threads here and elsewhere.

Only after hosing a T|X (and I can't say why) and a 755p did I decide that I'd let the OS handle the cache exclusively, even if that meant an occasional reset.

Both my T|X and my 755p have been considerably more stable since I did that.

So, one approach is, if you can turn off the cache handling in Resco, do so.

As far as saving the preferences, I use Hobbyist Software's Reset Doctor, but I'll wager Resco something which does this, if you happen to like that platform.

Harold

Yea, I don't want to mess with none of that stuff.
    But like dollface said, it was something on resco backup that started doing that every time i turned off my phone it would do this process over and over again, and it would last for like 3 seconds.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    At power-off sounds handy, but it really is not. Resco Backup on a set schedule, flush the cache and execute a hard reset is done on my 2 Centros. In addition, I also use Reset Doctor to monitor the cache (use the default setting) and also have it set to lock the preferences. Also use OnGuard Backup to back up specific applications and databases (contacts esp).

No resets, but the lag with Reset Doctor clearing the db cache can be a distraction at times.
    Yea my treo already had a sluggish feel to it.
  9.    #9  
    Thank you all to helped me out.
    Sorry for my late response but i was outta town.