Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dronak View Post
    The documentation section of the downloads page mentions 1.08. The actual update available at http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...te/sprint.html still only has 1.07 right now. Hopefully an update is coming for current users. Perhaps the date quoted before was an estimate subject to change (even if the reps didn't say that) and we'll see an update soon.
    Thanks for clarifying that. I meant to say no mention of a 1.08 update but there is a new user guide.

I don't think the update will do anything but update the facebook and google maps apps from what I keep hearing.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that. I meant to say no mention of a 1.08 update but there is a new user guide.

I don't think the update will do anything but update the facebook and google maps apps from what I keep hearing.
    If the update just moves those 2 apps to rom, then its a big update IMO. We need all the space we can get lol.
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    Arguably, we need to update more than the 128MB olive/green users
    I agree sfhub.

They need to update ptunes and docstogo in rom too! Pretty lame having duplicates.
    I would like a new UI of the Phone app! And less battery drain when using the data connection. A whole day of Pushing kills my battery (even with disconnect every 5 minutes when not active)
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    Anything is possible, but personally I feel it is very doubtful you will see more involved enhancements like that. Fine tuning stuff and updating apps is what I would expect.
    If Dmitry Ginberg has his way, all the Palm updates in the world might not matter. Hmmm, maybe I could breathe life into my i500 again.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    It's entirely possibly that 1.08 is just Palm's way of denoting the "new" 128mb RAM/rubberized paint Centros from the old versions. The original Centros might remain at 1.07.

That said, if 1.08 is indeed a downloadable update for all Centros, my software change predictions are as follows:

-Newer Google Maps (2.0.2.0) in ROM
    -Facebook app in ROM
    -MAYBE the newest PTunes (4.0.7) and DTG (10.02) in ROM
    -POSSIBLE BUT UNLIKELY, the Sprint Voice Command thingie is removed and replaced with Palm's Voice Dial app (like the GSM versions).
    -POSSIBLE BUT UNLIKELY, the latest VersaMail (4.0.1 build 77) in ROM

Maybe some additional very minor changes---updating "about" screens to 2008 instead of 2007 etc.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    It's entirely possibly that 1.08 is just Palm's way of denoting the "new" 128mb RAM/rubberized paint Centros from the old versions. The original Centros might remain at 1.07.

That said, if 1.08 is indeed a downloadable update for all Centros, my software change predictions are as follows:

-Newer Google Maps (2.0.2.0) in ROM
    -Facebook app in ROM
    -MAYBE the newest PTunes (4.0.7) and DTG (10.02) in ROM
    -POSSIBLE BUT UNLIKELY, the Sprint Voice Command thingie is removed and replaced with Palm's Voice Dial app (like the GSM versions).
    -POSSIBLE BUT UNLIKELY, the latest VersaMail (4.0.1 build 77) in ROM

Maybe some additional very minor changes---updating "about" screens to 2008 instead of 2007 etc.
    Corrections:
    -Versamail is already at 4.0.1 Build 86 on Sprint 1.0.7 rom
    -There is no Sprint Voice Dial App. The current voice dial on Sprint devices is Nuance Voice Dial (monthly Charge). It uses server side Speech recognition. The alternative on GSM devices is a Treo Voice Dialing, which was made by Voice Signal and is now also owned by Nuance. This was a 1-time charge for older Treos, but is included on GSM devices and Verizon devices. Treo Voice Dialing resides completely on the phone without using a server.
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    The alternative on GSM devices is a Treo Voice Dialing, which was made by Voice Signal and is now also owned by Nuance. This was a 1-time charge for older Treos, but is included on GSM devices and Verizon devices. Treo Voice Dialing resides completely on the phone without using a server.
    Voice Dialing also doesn't work through BT headsets due to a limitation in the HW/OS. It does work through speakerphone though.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Mogulman;

Thanks for the heads up. I use a VZW 755p and don't know anyone with a Sprint Centro personally, so I wasn't aware of those details.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    It's always nice to see updates from official release. I'm currently using an unlocked Centro purchased from Singapore. Is there a 1.08 for unlocked Centro? I didn't manage to find it from Palm's website.

Thank you :-)
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    i played with a new centro at the store the other day and the only things i found were an updated google maps and facebook app in rom. other than that blazer, phone, email, bluetooth, and messaging were the exact same version as 1.07. the clerks started getting uppity so i didn't get to check much else
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123