Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. crownzeal's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have a very standard 755 with zero apps and love it. Today, my phone started crashing when I clicked on one specific message thread. I click on the other threads and they open with no problems. I click on this one thread and it always crashes the phone. I can't purge or delete the one thread now without crashing the thing. I have done a hard reset and the issue is still not resolved.

    Is anyone having the same issues?
  2. #2  
    It sounds like you have a corrupt database and when you restored after the hard reset, it put the same corrupt database right back on the phone. Do you have an older known good backup of that database?
  3. crownzeal's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    It sounds like you have a corrupt database and when you restored after the hard reset, it put the same corrupt database right back on the phone. Do you have an older known good backup of that database?
    Good question. Where can I find the corrupted database file? Newbie here.
  4. #4  
    While I don't know a way to delete only the offending thread, you can remove the entire "messages_database.prc". This will clear your entire message history.

    From the phone, you can go to the launcher/home screen (where your app shortcuts are) and then press the 'menu' key and choose "Delete...". Scroll down, find "Messages Database" and delete it. Like I said this will delete ALL YOUR TEXT MESSAGES.

    The other way to do it is you can hotsync, perform a hard reset on your device, and before you sync it again, navigate to (on a pc) "C:\Program Files\PalmOne\'yourhotsyncname'\Backup" and delete the "messages_database.prc" file. When you hotsync, you will again have lost ALL YOUR TEXT MESSAGES and start with a clean slate.

    Good luck.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by crownzeal View Post
    I have a very standard 755 with zero apps and love it. Today, my phone started crashing when I clicked on one specific message thread. I click on the other threads and they open with no problems. I click on this one thread and it always crashes the phone. I can't purge or delete the one thread now without crashing the thing. I have done a hard reset and the issue is still not resolved.

    Is anyone having the same issues?
    Hi, when you open up the Messaging screen, isn't your top message thread highlighted? Well, using your 5-way navigator button, scroll down to the offending message thread and DO NOT OPEN IT, but click your Options button on the phone and scroll down and click delete message. Does that work?
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  6. crownzeal's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk444 View Post
    While I don't know a way to delete only the offending thread, you can remove the entire "messages_database.prc". This will clear your entire message history.

    From the phone, you can go to the launcher/home screen (where your app shortcuts are) and then press the 'menu' key and choose "Delete...". Scroll down, find "Messages Database" and delete it. Like I said this will delete ALL YOUR TEXT MESSAGES.

    The other way to do it is you can hotsync, perform a hard reset on your device, and before you sync it again, navigate to (on a pc) "C:\Program Files\PalmOne\'yourhotsyncname'\Backup" and delete the "messages_database.prc" file. When you hotsync, you will again have lost ALL YOUR TEXT MESSAGES and start with a clean slate.

    Good luck.
    This worked! I had a HUGE database file, so I bet that was the reason. Thanks for suggestion.

Posting Permissions