1.    #1  
    Ok. Where do I begin? Oh, yea. I loved "On Demand". I used it all the time. Then when that update came by for Pocket Express I thought this might be a cool little update. Then stupid things happened. With the update thing of course, some of you might know what I'm talking about. I got that fixed up.

So just this past weekend, I go to check up on some movie times. I get a report saying "No response from server. Ensure that you have a strong signal and an appropriate data plan." Well, I thought that it was just that day, maybe their servers were down. I did it again yesterday, and lo and behold there it was again. So I do it today and the stupid thing pops up with the same message. I even tried to update some other sections. Nothing. I have unlimited data and my signal is great. I've gotten on with much worse.

Now, as I'm typing this, I remembered it asking me if I want to start my free trial. What free trial? Are they charging me to use something I've had for over a year? What the hell?

Any clarification on this before I throw this damned thing against a wall? It'd be great.

Thanks much.
    poch
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Same thing here. I tried deleting all the files, and On Demand showed up again.

However, when I tried to use it, the upgrade happened without asking me!

I hate this crap, and my phone has been far less stable since all that.

It may be necessary to delete the crap again and just give up on demand -- which I did use a lot.
    I deleted that pocket express update. then went into on demand and turned off auto update without asking. ondemand still works fine the only bad thing everytime it is opened it asks me to update.
    This has been discussed over and over on this forum and other Palm forums. Pocket Express, like On Demand, is FREE. Certain services within it
    (411, Maps, and part of the Stocks app) require a monthly fee.

The error you got means their servers are busy. I know that between 5-7am it's generally impossible to connect because it seems everyone in the world has set their OD/PE to update at those times. It may get busy at other times too. It happens. Also, if you happen to be roaming when you try to connect it may not work.

I've been updated for a few months now and have had no stability issues.
    I've already deleted mine. Couldn't take the server errors.
    Not to mention that if an update fails, it is likely to cause your phone to reset for some unknow reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    I deleted that pocket express update. then went into on demand and turned off auto update without asking. ondemand still works fine the only bad thing everytime it is opened it asks me to update.
    Good thinking ... thanks... I'll try that... I loved using the TVguide features and adding my shows to my calendar in onDemand, and I also used to add businesses to my contacts... I miss onDemand, I'm going to try this tonight.