1.    #1  
    I am looking to remove all this AT&T crap ware from my Centro. I've tried destaller and it says its in use. How do I remove all this stuff, like the mobitv, at&t mail, and anything at&t related? Especially since I dont use at&T.
    You can't. They are burned onto the ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    You can't. They are burned onto the ROM.
    Well...there is another option....a modificated ROM. See the post " Centro Custom ROM"
    Or you can just 'hide' the applications that you don't use. I think TouchLauncher allows you to do this. I have a Treo 755p w/Verizon, and use ZLauncher, which allows me to 'hide' the apps that I don't like/use.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    As SueWalsh623 noted, the reason you can't delete some applications is probably because they're in the device's ROM. I use a program called Applications (appears in the Preferences panel) to hide any applications I don't use and can't get rid of, and this works fine for me. Yes, the programs are still taking up space in ROM, but at least I don't see them in my launcher, and that's generally enough for me (to hide them). You could look into the custom ROM option arquillos mentioned, since it sounds like that would really get rid of the stuff you don't use, even if they were in ROM to begin with. I have no personal experience with that though, so I don't know how easy/hard it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dronak View Post
    I use a program called Applications (appears in the Preferences panel) to hide any applications I don't use and can't get rid of, and this works fine for me. Yes, the programs are still taking up space in ROM, but at least I don't see them in my launcher, and that's generally enough for me (to hide them).
    Could you give the name of the developer or a link to a download for this program? A search is futile due to the name & I'd like to try this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruneti View Post
    Could you give the name of the developer or a link to a download for this program? A search is futile due to the name & I'd like to try this.
    I think this is the one Dronak was referring to: Hide Applications. There are a few others found here..

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    I also use an application-hiding program to hide every program that's linked to a hard button shortcut. Between the dozen of those and those useless rom apps, it really helps organize and simplify your launcher page.
    Invisible hides icons from the Palm OS application launcher. Un-welcome applications (e.g. Welcome) or applications already mapped to a button (e.g. To Do List) can be hidden.

http://palmgadget.com/palminvi.html
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    I think this is the one Dronak was referring to: Hide Applications.
    Yes, that looks like it. On the preferences panel, it just shows up as "Applications", so I forgot it has a longer real name. Sorry about that. As far as I can remember, this is the only free one I've come across, so since it does the job just fine for me, I use it.
    What a difference it makes to hide all that extra AT&T crap. This will keep things tidy until I decide to switch to a custom ROM. Thanks for the advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    I think this is the one Dronak was referring to: Hide Applications. There are a few others found here..
    Delpita: Thank You, Thank You,Thank You..... our phones look so much more organized and junk-less...
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiebunny View Post
    Delpita: Thank You, Thank You,Thank You..... our phones look so much more organized and junk-less...
    Awwwwww, shucks............. 'twas nuthin!

Actually, no thanks are needed! I've learned alot from this forum (and from Brighthand) so I'm more than happy to pass on what I've learned.

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p