1.    #1  
    Howdy Treo users - Owner of a 650 on Verizon here ... you know how when you send a text to another Verizon user it normally changes color right away & you know it's been rec'd that way? (It doesn't do this if you send to other carriers but does if it's Verizon to Verizon) My treo SMS stopped doing this the other day. I used File Z to delete the SMS Messages Database & the Messages 2 file, soft reset a # of times .. still not changing colors. Even sent to someone w/out using my quicklist & typing in the # .. same thing.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? I searched the Verizon forum but didn't see any mention of it.

Thx!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie K View Post
    Howdy Treo users - Owner of a 650 on Verizon here ... you know how when you send a text to another Verizon user it normally changes color right away & you know it's been rec'd that way? (It doesn't do this if you send to other carriers but does if it's Verizon to Verizon) My treo SMS stopped doing this the other day. I used File Z to delete the SMS Messages Database & the Messages 2 file, soft reset a # of times .. still not changing colors. Even sent to someone w/out using my quicklist & typing in the # .. same thing.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? I searched the Verizon forum but didn't see any mention of it.

Thx!
    Havent seen it in the area I live yet, but there is this article: from BGR boygeniusreport . com/2008/09/20/verizon-wireless-quietly-shuts-down-sms-delivery-confirmations/
    Could be the answer to your question.
  3.    #3  
    Wow! Yes, that is exactly it! Thanks so much! Surprised I didn't stumble upon that while searching last week!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie K View Post
    Wow! Yes, that is exactly it! Thanks so much! Surprised I didn't stumble upon that while searching last week!
    I use googlereader to get all my info from boy genius report, engadget, crackberry (im a fan), engadget mobile, lifehacker, and some others...

wonderful tool that google reader...