1.    #1  
    treo 700p screen comes up with multi colored (red, white, green, blue) matrix. 2 colums 4 rows and "0.13" middle top of the screen. i have tried battery removal, reset, and hard reset. nothing works.Was having some problems with my 700p. took the battery out now the screen looks like a checkerboard. Tried to reset nothing seems to work. any ideas? When I remove the battery & reinstall it if the SD card is in it asks to update the ROM large. Then it goes to a checkerboard screen with 8 rectangles 4 different colors.
    I haven't seen an answer posted to that problem. Usually people take the phone in for repair. There is a slight change that it could be moisture related so drying it in rice for a few days might work but I would not be hopeful on that one.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twbuild View Post
    treo 700p screen comes up with multi colored (red, white, green, blue) matrix. 2 colums 4 rows and "0.13" middle top of the screen. i have tried battery removal, reset, and hard reset. nothing works.Was having some problems with my 700p. took the battery out now the screen looks like a checkerboard. Tried to reset nothing seems to work. any ideas? When I remove the battery & reinstall it if the SD card is in it asks to update the ROM large. Then it goes to a checkerboard screen with 8 rectangles 4 different colors.
    Mine just did the very same thing! Then phone was in the middle of a unintentional Hotsync, and hung. I reset, removed battery, hard battery reset, nothing would get the display off the checkerboard. Called Tech Support - they had in info on that type of problem. Offered to send a new phone and I asked them to send a newer Centro.

Any comments or thoughts on this?
    unintentional hotsyncs are usually a sign of moisture in the contacts. Dry your phone out for a couple of days in a sealed container of rice.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    aha - then serve with sweet and sour pork?

thx - i'll try it
  6.    #6  
    I can take the phone in Sprint will give me a new 755 but I have not been able to do a hot sync for a while & they want my old phone. With all the problems these phones have I would think there would be some sort of data recovery available. I have not done a hard reset I dont even think I can. I did take the battery out & put the phone & battery in a ziplock bag with some rice.
    When you get a new phone, use a nightly backup program like NVBackup or RescoBackup. There is absolutely no excuse for not having a backup of your device that is more than 2 days old. With the FTP export options, there is not really a good reason not to have up to date backups of your phone somewhere other than your home and phone.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks I agree I should have been backing it up. I guess my priorities were messed up I had it on 3 computers. 1 crashed completely, another I could not get the treo program to work it had a palm program but I could not override or delete it, the program just quit working on the 3rd computer.