Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here is my question. My wife and I are both getting the Palm Centro in about 2 weeeks. I have been a former Treo User and love it and she loves the whole idea about keeping track of her business on it.

Here is my question.

Is there a way to share a common calendar? Basically it would be great to be able to both hotsync to our computer and have a updated calendar with both appointments she has put in and appointments I have put in.

Or perhaps maybe beam the calendar back and forth to each other?

Not concerned about anything else like contacts. Just want to be able to have the same calendar on each of our Centros.

Thanks in advance.
    Palm created an app called dualdate that does what you are asking for. I have attempted tp attach it. Use it at your own risk??

...Rod
    Attached Files Attached Files
    It's also very easy just to beam the calendar as well.

I had never heard of Dual Date, but found this and it might help if it's not included in the .prc

http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...ualdate_ug.pdf

Looks like a great ap for those that need it. Great tip e drummer53
    Last edited by RickMG; 09/18/2008 at 12:37 PM.
  4.    #4  
    I have heard of this application. It seems like it may do the job, just not exactly what I was looking for. Would prefer to find a way to hotsync my Centro and then Hotsync her Centro and all the info on the calendar just transfer like normal. Would think that more people would be interested in something like this besides myself. Using at my own risk makes me a little nervous too.
  5.    #5  
    OK I may have found a solution. I found a program on Palmgear called SyncUs. It costs $15 but it sounds exactly what I need. When we finally get our Centro's I will more than likely try this out. If anyone has I would love to know your view on the software.

Thanks Again
    If you guys use Google Calendar then there's a 3rd party program called GooSync that might help out as well. I use it regularly and really like it.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by mj_and_hj View Post
    OK I may have found a solution. I found a program on Palmgear called SyncUs. It costs $15 but it sounds exactly what I need. When we finally get our Centro's I will more than likely try this out. If anyone has I would love to know your view on the software.

Thanks Again
    I just saw this thread and was going to recommend SyncUs, but it seems you already found it. Have fun and enjoy your phones.
    All for One and One for All!
  8.    #8  
    wernst:Neither of uses Google Calendar and we don't even have internet access at home so that wouldn't really work for us. Thanks for the idea though.

Treo Musketeers:First off I really like your avatar picture. Glad to hear someone else has heard of SyncUs. Have you used it? Hope it works as good as they claim.
    Please come back & post how SyncUs works for you.

My spouse and I have the same problem. Our work-around has been to use the desktop calendar as primary, sync to mine then I beam each category (mine, his, each kid) to his. We mostly have school & sports activities to keep track of rather than work. It's a PITA but works. If either of us were adding things to our calendars on the Centro it could get flakey.

There is another commercial program available but it is $35 for each handheld and you can only view the calendars side-by-side, not as one integrated calendar.
    I think the easiest thing would be to just bluetooth the calendar file on a regular basis. It would take about one minute each time, and no cost. There is a program called "FILEZ" that would do it.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I have been following this thread as I really have the same problem - My wife keeps the calender and I never really know what is happening when. I like the idea of sending to my Palm. My question - what file (or files) do I need to send to the second Palm.

Thanks

George
  12.    #12  
    I will be getting our new Centro's in about 2 weeks. I plan on getting the software at the same time. When I use it I will update everyone.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I tried the Bluetooth suggestion between my Centro and Lifedrive. Used Resco Explorer to send file CalendarDB-PDat from Centro to Lifedrive although I believe Filez would do the same thing. Worked like a charm.
    I use Goosync & Google calendars to do this. we each have our own calendar, a joint calendar then I have several work calendars as well. Works well but it is an over the air sync not part of hotsync. Nice part is you can view & modify them from any internet connected system.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I've been searching for the same thing, and have seen another recommendation for SyncUS here.

Haven't tried it yet, though.
    GooSync works very well for me, syncs not only calendar but also syncs tasks and contacts... it's over the air but will also work via USB hookup with Softickppp.
    SERO F&F 500- $30.0
    Plan Features:
    * Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
    * Unlimited Mobile to Mobile (pcs to Pcs)
    * Unlimited SMS Messages
    * Unlimited Picturemail
    * Unlimited Data
    * Corp. Discount 20%
    * International Calling

17.    #17  
    dbrad4d: I will have to try that out. Do you need to have that program on both palm devices? I currently have Filez on my current treo which would be great to send over my calendar to the new centros with.

jamesgangut and MattyGit: I have heard great things about using google but we are staying away from internet connection. Where we live it is not a good option for us.

Miner: Thanks for the link. I will read up on it.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    No, you don't need Filez on both. The process is to make a blue tooth connection between the two devices, use Filez to locate the CalendarDB-PDat data file, click on Menu button and select Send then Bluetooth. It will search for nearby devices and the rest is very similar to beaming a file. The receiving device will ask if you want to accept the file, then it will tell you that a file already exists and ask if you want to over-write it. Click Yes and you're off to the races.
  19.    #19  
    dbrad4d: Ok that sounds really easy. I will try it. My only question with this type of method is this.

Will this over-write all of my wife's dates that she has entered or just combine them?

Example to try and explain in case I am talking in circles:
    My Centro: A dates
    Her Centro: B dates
    I use filez and send My Centro with A dates to Her Centro
    Is the conclusion:
    Her Centro: A dates
    or is it
    Her Centro: A+B dates

Did I lose anyone lol.

Thanks for all the help by the way. Really have been a huge help.
    Quote Originally Posted by mj_and_hj View Post
    dbrad4d: Ok that sounds really easy. I will try it. My only question with this type of method is this.

Will this over-write all of my wife's dates that she has entered or just combine them?

Example to try and explain in case I am talking in circles:
    Her Centro: B dates
    I use filez and send My Centro with A dates to Her Centro
    Is the conclusion:
    Her Centro: A dates
    or is it
    Her Centro: A+B dates

Did I lose anyone lol.

Thanks for all the help by the way. Really have been a huge help.

Your gut is telling your right... you will just get a copy of A dates on Her Centro. You are not syncing data - you are overwriting data. This is why something like GooSync is a preferable soulution, where you can Sync up to four devices. I am curious, you say Goosync is not an option for you because internet connection where you live. What does that mean?
    SERO F&F 500- $30.0
    Plan Features:
    * Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
    * Unlimited Mobile to Mobile (pcs to Pcs)
    * Unlimited SMS Messages
    * Unlimited Picturemail
    * Unlimited Data
    * Corp. Discount 20%
    * International Calling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast