1.    #1  
    is there any alarm that will not disable audio when the vibrate function is enabled (top buttom)?
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    I'm not sure what you mean? Do you want audio to come out even if your have the phone sent to silent?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    The switch at the top is not a vibrate on/off switch, it's a sound on/off switch. You can set your phone to vibrate when the sound is off, but the main purpose is to turn the sound off. I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but a program called Profiles gives you the ability to easily change your settings by selecting different profiles that you define. It's a nice little app that's real simple.
  4.    #4  
    Sorry I wasn't clear.

I typically use the world clock as an alarm clock and sometimes i forget to put it on audio. So the next day it vibrates and doesn't wake me up. I'm wondering if there's a program or a hack which enables the alarm to go off, even if i have the phone set on silent/vibrate.
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    I think it is not possible. BTW, you can try RingerSwitch Basic/Pro to remind you the ringer switch is in off position.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Ahhha - yes, my wife does that with her Centro. Actually, Charlie is forever doing it!

Would a solution be an application that changes the colour scheme when the device is in silent mode?
    you could try using nexave as a keyguard since that has the Mute/Loud status displayed.
  8.    #8  
    yea... the suggestions above won't be helpful.. cause i'll jus switch it off w.o. lookin at the screen...
    How about use a different alarm clock app that will vibrate enoug hto wake you up? Treo Alarm is sufficient to wake me up when the phone is on vibrate.
    There is a "nag" app I believe which notifies you if the switch has been set to silent. This might help

http://www.freewarepalm.com/music/soundoff.shtml
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Like I said, the switch silences the phone. You can't make sound when it's silenced. You sould take a look at Profiles so you can use different profiles to silence your phone instead of using the switch. I have my device silence at 11pm and turn the volume back on at 6am so I don't hear anything at night. I also have it automatically silence durning meetings. Or you can just remember to switch the sound back on before you go to bed.
    ^I agree with dave. I never use the switch anymore except for the times when I need to silence it quickly. Profiles works well for me and it's free. The best feature is the integration with calendar to automatically silence the treo when you have a meeting scheduled. Give it a go.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!