Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if I can install ereader and books on my centro without hotsyncing? I used card reader to get them onto my card, then moved ereader to my centro. But when I click on eReader, it says no books installed, even though the book is on the card. I don't know how to get the book on the centro itself. I don't want to hotsync to avoid any problems there. Has anyone been able to do this?
    The books need to be in a specific folder on the card.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Copy your books to:

\palm\launcher

on your card. I haven't hot synced a book in years

Larry
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Or use an alternate ereading program, like PalmFiction, which can read plenty of formats including zipped documents and can open files anywhere on the card.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone. Don't know why, but the first book I tried putting on the card didn't show up in ereader. But after checking back here and reading the responses, I tried another book. It works . So all is well again in my little world! Luv my Centro!!
    Manybooks.net is a great site for free books.
    Once you have the ereader application on your Centro, you can do OTA (over the air) downloading of books you purchase. The ereader website states that this is only available to Windows Mobile devices, but I just tried it and it works just fine.
    I second PalmFiction.

Much better than eRerader - and it's free.

K.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I downloaded my ebook directly from ereader.com to my centro too, that's how mine finally worked