Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    About a fortnight ago, I was getting a softreset on my Treo 680 every two to three days. And I was happy enough with this, because I'm not too fussy and this represented between eight to fourteen hours of use, a good chunk with my Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard.

Then I changed a couple of things. One, I turned off Chatteremail+'s schedules and simply had two filtered Gmail 'boxes in push mode when Chatteremail+ is running. My Outlook Web Access accounts and a few Gmail folders are set for a manual sync. Now, I only run Chatteremail+ when I need to and exit the application at night.

I also increased the device stand by to one minute.

Between these two, it seems to have solved my Treo's instability issues. I've not changed how I use the device, but it's just... worked... as it should.

I did reset last week to uninstall an application last week, but otherwise, twelve days with no crashes. Perhaps this is normal..?

I have stacks of applications on the 680 and I use it a fair amount too. Most nights, my 3,300 mAh battery is down to 40%...
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I got 2.5 days normal use from standard battery. 4 days from 2400 seidio extended battery.

I use snappermail which is the best for treo imho
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Looks like Chatteremail+ is greedy with the battery then.

I like Snappermail... right until it launches the application to check email!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I never have problems with email checking using snapper.

Maybe I don't understand with what you mean?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    In the trials I've had, Snappermail stops me from doing whatever it is I'm going, switches to Snappermail and checks for new messages. Emails arrive just great, only, it stops me from doing whatever I was doing.

Chatteremail+ does all of this in the background; it doesn't matter if the device is in use, in standby, or whatever (if the device is in standby it puts itself into REM Sleep a fair bit).