1.    #1  
    So out of no where my Google Maps and Email have stopped working. i know that the data plan is still working because I can still browse the web.

When I try to scroll around or search a new location with Google Maps, it hangs for about 30 seconds and then says I need a data connection.

With EMAIL it says "connecting to IMAP" and then fails asking if the IMAP server is available.

It was working a few days ago... up until I had to clear out my cache several times from the 4mb limit of the internet browser.

Any suggestions? I have tried taking the battery out and putting it back in. Is there anyway to CLOSE Google Maps and the email so that maybe a restart of those apps will fix it?
    You dont happen to be in an "extended network" area?
    Quote Originally Posted by forumsviewer View Post
    So out of no where my Google Maps and Email have stopped working. i know that the data plan is still working because I can still browse the web.

When I try to scroll around or search a new location with Google Maps, it hangs for about 30 seconds and then says I need a data connection.

With EMAIL it says "connecting to IMAP" and then fails asking if the IMAP server is available.

It was working a few days ago... up until I had to clear out my cache several times from the 4mb limit of the internet browser.

Any suggestions? I have tried taking the battery out and putting it back in. Is there anyway to CLOSE Google Maps and the email so that maybe a restart of those apps will fix it?
    Right...mine also mysteriously stopped working for no apparent reason. I would get a data timeout for the past few days. But, thankfully, it started working again tonight. Must have been something with Gmail servers and maybe with sprint, because all other websites worked just fine. This same thing happened for a couple of days last year too. I realized how dependent I have become on using the Web to access gmail directly on my Centro. Versamail sucks, IMHO.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink View Post
    Right...mine also mysteriously stopped working for no apparent reason. I would get a data timeout for the past few days. But, thankfully, it started working again tonight. Must have been something with Gmail servers and maybe with sprint, because all other websites worked just fine. This same thing happened for a couple of days last year too. I realized how dependent I have become on using the Web to access gmail directly on my Centro. Versamail sucks, IMHO.
    I don't know because I have a friend that has a centro as well with sprint (same plan too) and it was working there.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    The other day I had the same problem with Google Maps, dont know about e mail. but it only lasted for about 10 minutes then no other problems, I am also on sprint.
    Terry