1.    #1  
    I purchased a used TREO 650 about one month ago. I am still loading programs on the phone from my Palm TX. With my previous phones it was suggested by Verizon that I update my programing (*228, option 1) occasionally to ensure I have the latest program. I recently attempted to update my programing and Verizon could not update me. Roaming update (*228, option 2) works fine. I went to the store and the tech said I probably need to perform a hard reset on the phone. I attempted to sync with my computer as I did after I purchased the phone (I have had successful hot syncs with this phone) but my phone would not connect with the computer. I plugged in my TX and hot sync worked. Is there a backup that I can load directly to an SD card from the computer without the need to hotsync, so I can backup my data or am I USC (up $#it creek)? Has anyone ever encountered this before or have any recommendations? Thanks.
    Hello and welcome. You can do a hard reset and search on the Palm website to see what the latest ROM update is for your 650-you might be up todate.

Secondly, you should never do a hotsync with a new device and an old device's database. Some programs just won't be compatible. You need to install the Palm Desktop for the treo 650 and if you did not get the installation CD for it, you can download it from the Palm website or even do a forum search; some people have posted the actual CD software that you can download and install. Then create your username for the 650 or use your old one. On your first hotsync you can choose whether to sync your PIM info (calendar, contacts, memos and tasks) with the Palm Desktop or Outlook. After you choose that, and the backup of the programs begins, the ones that aren't compatible with the 650 will be put into a folder on your computer.

EDIT: here is the thread that offers the CD downloads for the 650-just find your carrier and choose that one: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107348
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Hello and welcome. You can do a hard reset and search on the Palm website to see what the latest ROM update is for your 650-you might be up todate.

Secondly, you should never do a hotsync with a new device and an old device's database. Some programs just won't be compatible. You need to install the Palm Desktop for the treo 650 and if you did not get the installation CD for it, you can download it from the Palm website or even do a forum search; some people have posted the actual CD software that you can download and install. Then create your username for the 650 or use your old one. On your first hotsync you can choose whether to sync your PIM info (calendar, contacts, memos and tasks) with the Palm Desktop or Outlook. After you choose that, and the backup of the programs begins, the ones that aren't compatible with the 650 will be put into a folder on your computer.

EDIT: here is the thread that offers the CD downloads for the 650-just find your carrier and choose that one: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107348
    good post.