Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I realized that when I close my Browser that it keeps running in the background. Is there a way to end it?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    What is indicating that it is still running? Palm only operates 1 application at a time, visually at least. When you hit the home key, or whatever, your browser is exit-ed.
    The browser doesn't run in the back ground. However, your network connection may still be active. You can manually shut it down by going to the application launcher (home key), selectiving the preferences app. I believe you then want network and tell it to disconnect. I think there is also an app called networkdown that may do this too.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    does it kill the battery if it's connected to the network all the time? If it's not that big of a drain I'll just leave it on.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I am under the impression that while the connection might stay o, it goes to "sleep" to save battery.
    You must also make sure the email program is not "pushimg mail to you" or the program will just reconnect to the network. Shuting down the connection will save battery power.