1.    #1  
    I am having problems with sync'ing via bluetooth with my new laptop which is running XP Pack2. I have paired my phone with my new Dell Vostro laptop. The laptop is listed in my trusted devices on the Treo and in Paired Devices on my laptop it shows my phone. I am using the internal bluetooth (not a dongle). However in my bluetooth settings that shows all my bluetooth devices I can not add my phone. Everytime I try and do a New Connection, it will locate my phone and then when I click on it, it says "Unable to detect service". Anyone have any idea on what this means? During the New Connection process it shows up on my phone as Connection in process and then the laptop times out to the error. I know my bluetooth works on my laptop because I have a bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

I can sync via bluetooth no problems with home desktop, which is running Win2000.

I'm not sure if it is a service that the laptop is wanting to see on the phone or if it is a service the phone is wanting to see on the laptop.
    Did you synch first with the cable? With Palm OS, the first synch is supposed to be with the cable attached and then after that you can synch via Bluetooth. Try that first and see if it works for you.
    you might try taking off your keyboard and mouse too then just try syncing your phone.....but I do agree with emdisco use the cable first.
  4.    #4  
    Yep sync'ed with the cable first.

Have taken the mouse/keyboard off and still no luck.
    well if you read some of the older posts there is lots of problems with syncing using blue tooth I would just use the cable like the rest of us Plus it charges your phone
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoster82 View Post
    well if you read some of the older posts there is lots of problems with syncing using blue tooth I would just use the cable like the rest of us Plus it charges your phone
    I did read a lot of the other post. Not to sound like an arse but it should work. I have it working with my home PC running WIN2k no problems, sync via bluetooth and a bluetooth dongle. So it has to be a setting somewhere that I missing. My laptop that I am having the problems with has XP and internal bluetooth but no luck.
    Brax,

Sounds like to me you need to allocate another serial port on your laptop to run the synch on. What happens sometimes is that SOME laptops do not offer as many serial ports as desktops. IF this is not the case with yours, then you can open up COM9 or COM10 in your Bluetooth services menu and also make sure that you Hotsynch manager enable serial ports also.
    I do not find blue tooth sync to be much of a problem.

You do have to make sure that HotSync has a serial port set to the right one that the BlueTooth software allocated. The serial must be enabled. I

I BT sync on multiple machines without much problem. Make sure you do the little things correctly and it should not be much of a problem.
    cable synch? the cable has not worked since shortly after getting the phone three years ago. that's why I want to synch via bluetooth. I have a new laptop and want to synch with it without the cable.