Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has been asked, but I "googled" this question several times and found nothing. The closest I got to viewing the photos was through "TCPMP" which I use for movies I converted....but sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I am surprised that with the "photo viewer" you can only view photos from the internal memory. Is there a free program for this?

    Also, this whole "Can't voice dial" through blue tooth is so annoying. Anyone know of anything on the horizon? Just does not seem like a possibility...gee, I had the V710 moto from 4 years ago that could voice dial via BT....how could there be such a simple oversight? Any, my first post and other than a few things I like the Palm Centro. BTW, I have the 680 for work and Centro (Verizon) for personal.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked, but I "googled" this question several times and found nothing. The closest I got to viewing the photos was through "TCPMP" which I use for movies I converted....but sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I am surprised that with the "photo viewer" you can only view photos from the internal memory. Is there a free program for this?

    Also, this whole "Can't voice dial" through blue tooth is so annoying. Anyone know of anything on the horizon? Just does not seem like a possibility...gee, I had the V710 moto from 4 years ago that could voice dial via BT....how could there be such a simple oversight? Any, my first post and other than a few things I like the Palm Centro. BTW, I have the 680 for work and Centro (Verizon) for personal.
    In the Pics & Videos app, create a new album on your MicroSD card. Put your pics in there. That album will show up just like rest, but it will be on your card.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    In the Pics & Videos app, create a new album on your MicroSD card. Put your pics in there. That album will show up just like rest, but it will be on your card.
    I have tried that. I keep getting a box with an "X" in it then a notice that says "not enough memory", however the photos are already on the Micro SD card....
  4. #4  
    How big are the photos you are trying to view and what file format are they? Raw 10MP images will crush the picture viewer due to the shear size.

    Another option is to use Palm's Files program to navigate to the folder in question and then open one of the pictures. The rest of the pictures should come along for the ride.
  5.    #5  
    These photos are about 500-800 Kb ... I can open them in TCPMP, but like I said it's cumbersome.

    You mention "Palm's Files Program" .... how do I get to that? Please pardon my ignorance, but I am used to Windows mobile and have used it for years so this is new to me .... no "X's" to close out applications, no multi tasking, etc .... it's a lot different but I am slowly getting used to it.

    By the way, I have flashed phones, seem edited and hacked them in the past .... can the same be done on the Treo's?
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 09/11/2008 at 11:22 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    How big are the photos you are trying to view and what file format are they? Raw 10MP images will crush the picture viewer due to the shear size.

    Another option is to use Palm's Files program to navigate to the folder in question and then open one of the pictures. The rest of the pictures should come along for the ride.
    The photos are 500-800 KB and I used a card reader to copy and paste photos, movies and mp3's to the card. Everything has been recognized, but the photos can not be viewed directly from the card....Except from TCPMP...which is cumbersome.

    BTW you mentioned "Palm's Files program"...how do I get to that? Forgive me, I'm used to Windows mobile and have used it for a few years and am new to the Palm format. BTW, is that like "Windows Explorer"?
  7. #7  
    It is similar to the Windows Explorer and can be foudn on the install cd that came with your phone.

    Are you sure you have the pictures in a folder under the DCIM folder in the root?
    Quick test: open up the camera app and set the camera to use the sd card and click some pictures. Can you view those pictures in the P & V application?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    It is similar to the Windows Explorer and can be foudn on the install cd that came with your phone.

    Are you sure you have the pictures in a folder under the DCIM folder in the root?
    Quick test: open up the camera app and set the camera to use the sd card and click some pictures. Can you view those pictures in the P & V application?
    I created the DCIM folder with another folder named "Palm photos" which is recognized, The only way I can see the photo I took (that was saved to the SD card) is by hitting the "add to album..." other than that there is no way to view it.
  9. #9  
    You dont have subfolders with pictures in it do you?

    I'm pretty sure the Palm pictures &video app will not see pictures in subfolders.

    SO basicly after you see the DCIM folder all your folders should be there and not inside of each other. Uless the pictures are in Raw or PNG I think the pics&videos app should see it. It sees jpgs, bmp, gif.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    You dont have subfolders with pictures in it do you?

    I'm pretty sure the Palm pictures &video app will not see pictures in subfolders.

    SO basicly after you see the DCIM folder all your folders should be there and not inside of each other. Uless the pictures are in Raw or PNG I think the pics&videos app should see it. It sees jpgs, bmp, gif.
    I have it set that way with movies, mp3's and with folders:

    DCIM then named each folder-> Palm movies, Palm Music and Palm photos.
    I can view all folders, but the photos can not be seen. Keeps saying "add to libray". it won't simply let me view them from the MSD card.
  11. #11  
    That's your problem. It should basicly be setup like this on yout card.


    Audio Folder (all music goes here)
    DCIM Folder (all pictures go in here)
    >My famlily Folder (pics of ur fam)
    >My dog folder (pics of dog)
    >My cat floder (pics of cat)
    Palm Folder ( all palm os related stuff.

    You can add folders if you want but that's the basic jist of it. Rearrange your card that way and you will have no probs. Now Pictures will not see folders in folders though. So say your cat pictures folder you put a subfolder named "Cat licking itself" The pics n videos app will not see the cat licking itself pics.


    Is that a good explinations?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    That's your problem. It should basicly be setup like this on yout card.


    Audio Folder (all music goes here)
    DCIM Folder (all pictures go in here)
    >My famlily Folder (pics of ur fam)
    >My dog folder (pics of dog)
    >My cat floder (pics of cat)
    Palm Folder ( all palm os related stuff.

    You can add folders if you want but that's the basic jist of it. Rearrange your card that way and you will have no probs. Now Pictures will not see folders in folders though. So say your cat pictures folder you put a subfolder named "Cat licking itself" The pics n videos app will not see the cat licking itself pics.


    Is that a good explinations?
    Makes sense....However, this is how I have it set up and work fine for everything but photos:

    DCIM:
    Palm Music
    Palm Videos
    Palm Pictures
    Palm Docs

    I can view everything but the dang photos.I've listened to music, watched video, read documents, etc. I'll try what you said and report back when I get home.
  13. #13  
    Just copy all your stuff back to the pc. then formatt the card in the Treo and take a picture and move it to the card along with copying an application from the Treo to the card. You'll see all the correctly named folders then and move your stuff back over from the pc to the card.
  14.    #14  
    Thanks Hatch for your help....I'll do this tomorrow while it's raining. I forgot I got my son's game tonight and other obligations.

    Interesting going from Windows Mobile to Palm OS....some things I like better about both. However, so far the Palm OS (less frills) seems quite a bit more stable than Windows....actually, a lot more stable.

Posting Permissions