1.    #1  
    Question for all the tech-enthusiasts:

I had a software product on my 650 (I have since upgraded to a 755p) that used to do an automatic data pull from a server (I think the product was InfoPak) at 9am every morning.

I long ago deleted the program - but every morning, at 9am sharp, my treo gets taken over by the ghost of this program with a picture/icon of the world with a serial cable around it saying: "Updating Weather" and "Updating Quote" and then it stops.

How do I get rid of this cron job? The program is long gone - and the HotSync keeps putting the remnants of this program on my new treos/Centros.

Any help would be appreciated.
    when you upgraded from the 650 to the 755, did you do the recommended clean install or did you just sync the new phone and had it carry over everything from the old phone?
    Sounds like it's still in your desktop software. Find it there and delete it.
    To make HotSync stop installing the program, look for a file with a familiar name in /Program Files/Palm/[username]/backup/

Also look on your Palm with Filez (a free utility) to delete any old files related to that program.

And if you have Resco Explorer, you can manually delete any scheduled processes by looking under "alarms".
    samkim, I just looked in Resco Explorer for "alarms" and couldn't find it. I have some app randomly trying to update too...
    Quote Originally Posted by chymo View Post
    samkim, I just looked in Resco Explorer for "alarms" and couldn't find it. I have some app randomly trying to update too...
    Sorry for the delay.
    Alarms is listed under Control Panel.
    Updating weather and updating quote sounds like something Agendus would do. Do you happen to have Agendus installed on your phone?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers