1.    #1  
    well folks, i decided to spring for a Innopockets flash plus adapter and a 64 mb card, all for less than $100, not a bad deal, my question is as follows:

besides the viewer by memplug, are there any other jpeg viewers that would allow me to remove the 64 mb compact flash card from my digital camera and view jpeg images on the handheld, all without having to convert on a desktop. ultimately i would like to be able to attach these to an email and send wirelessly from the field.

i have emailed MultiMail with regards to their plugins (JPEG) and have yet to get a response (although according to their automated response i should have heard 2 days ago); with regards to the development of their jpeg plugin; in addition i am awaiting to hear from memplug to see if their jpeg viewer can run on any compact flash card, etc.

any thoughts would help
    Actually there is a program you can view JPegs with, it's called JPegView. Originally the author only had it support Handera/TRGPro but now it supports VFS so the rest of us can use it. It's only black and white at the moment with a color version promised in the near future .
    You know it's bad when your Calculus Professor uses the word "Unpossible"

"It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll say, It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today." -Switchfoot, Home
  3.    #3  
    any idea where i can get the version that supports Palm OS, also i use win98, does that present a problem,
    Originally posted by nbf23
    besides the viewer by memplug, are there any other jpeg viewers that would allow me to remove the 64 mb compact flash card from my digital camera and view jpeg images on the handheld, all without having to convert on a desktop. ultimately i would like to be able to attach these to an email and send wirelessly from the field.
    JPGview works well. It only displays in grayscale, but it's pretty quick on the decoding and it has the ability to resize images and write them back to the CF card as well as save them to RAM for use by FireViewer. You'll need the 2.5 beta version which you can get here: http://www.claus-fenske.de/jpgview/PalmJPG_e.htm

Another option is JpegMMCSD. It appears to be at a very early stage of development but it will scan your CF card looking for photos and let you view them in color. You can download it from: http://195.128.67.93/ZIP/JpegMMCSD.zip

As for attaching to email, I agree that's a very much needed capability. Unless someone beats us to it, that's on our list of things to do once we get VFS support into final release.
    <ul><li>Dave Kessler<br>President - Kopsis, Inc.</li></ul>
    well folks, i decided to spring for a Innopockets flash plus adapter and a 64 mb card, all for less than $100, not a bad deal, my question is as follows:

i have emailed MultiMail with regards to their plugins (JPEG) and have yet to get a response (although according to their automated response i should have heard 2 days ago); with regards to the development of their jpeg plugin; in addition i am awaiting to hear from memplug to see if their jpeg viewer can run on any compact flash card, etc.

any thoughts would help
    The new member of MemPlug's family -- MemPlug Compact Flash Adapter also with all bundle Pi-Applications, PiViewer will allow you to view jpeg directly on your Compact Flash card with your prism in 16 bits color.

And it is available in PalmGear and CompUSA now.
    For more details, please visit www.memplug.com

PiDeveloper
  6.    #6  
    wanted to thank everyone for their responses, as for the PIViewer, dont like the idea of the adapter sticking out of the back of the visor and the card sticking out of the adapter. a big fan of kessler's software and flashplus adapter.

maybe i can do something with multimail and the trgpro plugin, who knows, again thanks

maybe i can do something with multimail and the trgpro plugin, who knows, again thanks

I don't think the TRGPro plugin willl help much. However, since Palm owns MultiMail, and since Palm wants people to have reasons to buy m500/m505s, I have a hunch that we'll be seing an SD card MultiMail plug-in before long. If that happens, it should also work with our VFS software.

Now, before I get a thousand emails about this ... this is pure speculation! I'm just taking an educated guess at what might happen
    Originally posted by dkessler

JPGview works well. It only displays in grayscale, but it's pretty quick on the decoding and it has the ability to resize images and write them back to the CF card as well as save them to RAM for use by FireViewer. You'll need the 2.5 beta version which you can get here: http://www.claus-fenske.de/jpgview/PalmJPG_e.htm

JPGview seems to need Palm 3.5 OS- at least that is what it said on my VDX when I tried it. Did I just get the wrong version?

Another option is JpegMMCSD. It appears to be at a very early stage of development but it will scan your CF card looking for photos and let you view them in color. You can download it from: http://195.128.67.93/ZIP/JpegMMCSD.zip

JpegMMCSD wants a program called VFS Manager. I have not heard of that- what is it and can I get a copy of it?
  10.    #10  
    well i am trying out the beta version of VHS and found it quite interesting.....sent an email to kopsis with some thoughts, etc. dave i hope you find them helpful, etc.

with regards to JPEGs and multimail attachments, since multimail does support zip files, anyone know of PDA zip software, i figure i can zip the JPEGs on the PDA then i should be able to attach them to multimail, right???????? and the receiver should be able to unzip on the desktop, right?????????

who knows, will keep plugging away at a solution here....if only multimail would come out with something....who knows...

again thanks for the feedback from all
    Originally posted by Madkins007

JpegMMCSD wants a program called VFS Manager. I have not heard of that- what is it and can I get a copy of it?
    VFS Manager isn't really a program, it's a PalmOS extension. Our VFS Helper application (currently in beta) for FlashAdapter modules provides the VFS Manager functionality. Registered users of Kopsis software can download the VFSHelper beta from our website at http://kopsisengineering.com/dl_beta.html
    [deleted duplicate post]
    Originally posted by Madkins007

JPGview seems to need Palm 3.5 OS- at least that is what it said on my VDX when I tried it. Did I just get the wrong version?
    Unfortunately, JPGview is OS 3.5.x only. I have an email in to the developer to see if OS 3.1 support is possible, but so far no response.

Registered users of Kopsis software can download the VFSHelper beta from our website at http://kopsisengineering.com/dl_beta.html
    Right now, I am getting an internal server error at this site, but I will try again.

Thank you, Dave, for your help on this and so many other things!