1.    #1  
    So, I want to use my 700p as a modem for my laptop, and I've installed the Sprint Mobile Broadband with the correct drivers for the 700p.

However, when I plug in my treo using the data cable, the software doesn't recognize that it's plugged in.

I run a diagnostic on the Palm Modem driver, and the computer does however recognize it.

What am I doing wrong here?
    hmmmm now that i am not sure of, unless you have to upgrade your data plan so sprint knows you are using it as a modem ...

however - to do it for free, i would suggest PDAnet .. Ive used it 2 years now with my 700P - works great everytime -

http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/index.php
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  3.    #3  
    ...then this will be entirely free, except for buying the software, right?
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousAA View Post
    ...then this will be entirely free, except for buying the software, right?
    That's right. The software itself has a free trial too for a few days. If you decide to buy, it's only $34 for life. That saves you tons of money over the $50/month brandband access plan.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
  5.    #5  
    ... is different than the 'using your phone as modem' charge and you can do without the latter to use pdanet software, and still only pay for your unlimited data as well as the one-time $34 software price, right?
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 09/11/2008 at 03:43 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Would only have the Vision Pack from Sprint be enough or would I still need the unlimited PAM package?
    You don't need the unlimited PAM package to use PDAnet.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Absolutely - us PDANET for this. Its a 1 time charge only.
    Works great.
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P