1.    #1  
    I am having big lags and all sorts of random resets. I want to restore only my contacts and not the full backup, which includes a long list of programs.

How would I do this?

If I use NVBackup or a simple restore, I get everything. If I create a new user, I get no contacts.
    Last edited by ssieweel; 09/10/2008 at 09:21 AM.
  2. Zcu
    Use resco explorer to backup to card. Make sure you have a copy of explorer on your card. Do a hard reset then put in card and use explorer to go to the back up file contactspadd.pbd and hold until a popup menu appears choose install to ram and its done. If you need any more help just post.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    In NVBackup, highlight the backup set you want to restore the contact file from. Tap menu. Under "Backup Sets", select "Selective Restore". Then checkmark the file you want (I'd check "ContactsDB-PAdd") to restore. Then tap "Restore". It will do a reset after finishing the restore.
    ^^ Yup, NVbackup selective restore.
    yeah, nvbackup. I restore every month or so
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssieweel View Post
    I am having big lags and all sorts of random resets. I want to restore only my contacts and not the full backup, which includes a long list of programs.

How would I do this?

If I use NVBackup or a simple restore, I get everything. If I create a new user, I get no contacts.
    Sync the Treo; do a hard reset; go into 'my computer' on your pc; go to program files, palm, folder that sounds like your user name. Copy/Save the 'address' file on a flash or in another folder on your pc. Uninstall the entire palm program and make sure there are no remnants in the program files (you should really use regedit but that's risky - pm me and we'll walk through it); reinstall the virgin software off the original disc; sync once to the virgin install and keep track of the name you assign as user. Go to the address file folder that you saved; left click copy; Go to my computer, program files, palm, file that sounds like your user name, paste; re-synch. Voila. Now if someone can identify the files I talk about in my post I'd be very happy.