1.    #1  
    I hope this helps other folks. Now that Verizon offers the Centro with a better priced "Mail and Web" data package, there is a gotcha waiting for some of you.

It appears Verizon offers two different email solutions to the "Mail and Web" user (though Chatter/Snapper etc seem to work fine as well) The first is Versamail which is downloaded from the "My Centro" application and is listed as "Mail" on the Centro. The second is "Email and Web for Smartphones" which is downloaded from the Verizon homepage in the Blazer browser. One installed it lists itself as "MobileEmail". In reality it is a special protocol email application called "OZ Mail".

OZ Mail is and odd sort of "push" email. What happens is when you set up "MobileEmail" to access your existing email accounts, it polls them periodically to see if there is any new mail. If yes, a TEXT MESSAGE is sent to your Centro. Except you never see it because it is intercepted by "MobileEmail" and you are alerted that an email is available for download.

If you are like me, you won't care for the program. It is obviously aimed at regular cell phones, not smartphones. Not understanding the underlying method of operation, when I decided I didn't like it, I deleted it along with all of its settings and preferences.

Mistake.

Though I no longer have "MobileEmail" on my Centro, OZmail continues to dutifully read my email account and send notices to my phone. But without OZmail to intercept the text message, it comes through like a normal text message from "OZmail" with the text consisting of cryptic numbers and the subject of the email.

It was a real headscratcher to figure this one out. At first I had no idea where those text messages were coming from. But once I did, I found two ways to fix the problem.

1) Change the password on the email account so Verizon/OZmail can't get it (and thus not notify with a text message)
    2) Reload the "MobileEmail" from the Verizon mobile web page, deactivate the email account notifications and deselect "remember my password". You may then delete the application.

Hope this helps someone. It was driving me nuts!!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Holy hell I love you now.

That's been bothering me for a couple of weeks now... it's a horrible program, and I personally recommend changing the Verizon homepage anyways... it's way too barebones and looks like an advertisement.
    I cannot find how you " deactivate the email account notifications and deselect "remember my password".

It was a real headscratcher to figure this one out. At first I had no idea where those text messages were coming from. But once I did, I found two ways to fix the problem.

1) Change the password on the email account so Verizon/OZmail can't get it (and thus not notify with a text message)
    2) Reload the "MobileEmail" from the Verizon mobile web page, deactivate the email account notifications and deselect "remember my password". You may then delete the application.

Hope this helps someone. It was driving me nuts!![/QUOTE]