Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Haven't read this anywhere, and just happened upon it at http://kinoma.com/player4ex/
    On the right side of the page there is a "Check out with TrialPay" button.
    I signed up for the Real Superpass 14-day free trial (which I of course will cancel before 14 days) and upon completion of the sign up process was emailed a link from TrialPay to download the latest Kinoma Player.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    But what happens when you have to register Kinoma Player? Since you didn't buy it, maybe you will then have to?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  3.    #3  
    After installed, ran Kinoma, it checked the key online, and is now registered to me. The key must somehow be embedded into the .prc download file as it never asked me to enter it. Didn't even ask for my hotsync I'd.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/09/2008 at 06:13 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    That key may very well expire after 14 days.
  5.    #5  
    Will post back on or around the 23rd.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/09/2008 at 06:14 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  6.    #6  
    A portion of the email received from Trialplay:
    "Thank you for registering with TrialPay - a great way to get Kinoma Player 4 EX for Palm OS 5. Remember, sign up with any one of our partners and we will pay for Kinoma Player 4 EX for Palm OS 5."
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/09/2008 at 06:13 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    That key may very well expire after 14 days.
    Nope! If you "buy" it with TrialPay, you own it just as if you purchased it with money.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    hmmm we wont have to pay even if we don't have to sign up with one of your "partners"?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    hmmm we wont have to pay even if we don't have to sign up with one of your "partners"?
    No, you have to sign up with one of the TrialPay partners.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/09/2008 at 06:12 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I signed up with NetFlix (for first time subscribers only), but it comes with a two week free trial. So I can cancel and still keep Kinoma. Of course, I already have Kinoma on my device, but got another key so I can put it on my daughter's Centro, when I can afford to buy her one.
    All for One and One for All!
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Haven't read this anywhere, and just happened upon it at http://kinoma.com/player4ex/
    On the right side of the page there is a "Check out with TrialPay" button.
    I signed up for the Real Superpass 14-day free trial (which I of course will cancel before 14 days) and upon completion of the sign up process was emailed a link from TrialPay to download the latest Kinoma Player.
    Why are you so sure you will of course cancel it before the trial ends? Do you already have Kinoma 4EX (if so, why are you "trying" it again?) or do you dislike it that much?

Sorry to ask this, it's just out of curiosity.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheker View Post
    Why are you so sure you will of course cancel it before the trial ends? Do you already have Kinoma 4EX (if so, why are you "trying" it again?) or do you dislike it that much?

Sorry to ask this, it's just out of curiosity.
    I'm pretty sure I can count when 14 days from September 8 would be , and at about day 10 of my Real Superpass free trial I am going to cancel it. I will still own Kinoma, I just won't have to pay any money toward Real Superpass since I canceled during my 14 day free trial. I did not already have Kinoma 4 EX.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I will still own Kinoma, I just won't have to pay any money toward Real Superpass since I canceled during my 14 day free trial.
    Just to reinforce it, that's exactly correct. You have to take advantage of an offer, but many of them are trial offers.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Any EQ customization? Bass Boost?
    Last edited by Doom878; 09/12/2008 at 03:02 PM.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom878 View Post
    Any EQ customization? Bass Boost?
    Only Audio overdrive, which boosts volume to 150%

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Is there a manual or something for Kinoma 4 EX player? I just took advantage of the TrialPay deal and it is working well, but I'd love to read about what it can do and how it works.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
  17.    #17  
    There's one on the Kinoma web site.
    http://www.kinoma.com/support/manuals/player4ex/
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/23/2008 at 06:02 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I looked at the Trial Pay option, decided it was not worth the time and just bought the application. Much easier, much cleaner.
    I took advantage of the trial pay for Kinoma EX and was wondering if there was a way to have the Sprint TV app use Kinoma EX instead of the embedded Kinoma player.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I was thinking about doing that, but I'm a little concerned about canceling the trial. I don't really want any of the offers listed and don't want to get stuck with something or have to argue to get it canceled. Can anyone suggest trial offers that are easy to cancel and won't give you a hard time about doing it? Thanks in advance.

thejesusegg, I think Kinoma's web site mentioned something about this, that SprintTV requires some kind of authorization/authentication that they can't automatically build into the player. I had the impression that you couldn't replace the embedded version in this case, but I could be wrong. Perhaps someone else knows for sure.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast