1.    #1  
    Just got the centro.. And being a Windows mobile guy.. how do I even install apps on this thing??

I downloaded TCPMP and it was a zip file.. I used that hotsync thing and added the file.. Where is it? It says it put it on my SD card, but I see no explorer to view the file..

A little help?

THANKS ALL!
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
    Just got the centro.. And being a Windows mobile guy.. how do I even install apps on this thing??

I downloaded TCPMP and it was a zip file.. I used that hotsync thing and added the file.. Where is it? It says it put it on my SD card, but I see no explorer to view the file..

A little help?

THANKS ALL!
    Unzip the file. for TCPMP there will be several files that need to be installed. I sometimes just email the programs to myself and install from the device itself. For TCPMP, I would probably use the installer on your computer. Once you unzip the file, you should be able to double-click on each .prc file and it will open the installer program. Once all files are in the program, press the hotsync button on your sync cable.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  3. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfed View Post

A little help?

THANKS ALL!
    To install app you "HotSync" the .prc (executable) file and any other required files over to the Centro. Typically, this is done with the QuickInstall program that came with your Palm Desktop software.

Once the programs are hotsync'd over, you can see them in the "Home" screen (make sure the "All" category is selected) if they are on the device's internal memory. If you have loaded the programs onto the external memory card, you can select the memory card from the category pull-down menu at the top of the "Home" screen.

I would also suggest checking out TreoCentral's Centro Intro series here:
    - Centro Intro Part 1
    - Centro Intro Part 2
    - Centro Intro Part 3
    - Centro Intro Part 4
    - Centro Intro Part 5
    - Centro Intro Part 6
    - Centro Intro Part 7
    - Centro Intro Part 8
    - Centro Intro Part 9
    - Centro Intro Part 10

Hope it helps... L8R
    Last edited by UserOne; 09/08/2008 at 12:25 AM. Reason: EDIT > DoH!! Got beat to the punch! :) hehe.