Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    The speakphone touchscreen button is not working anymore on my Centro. It used to. All of the other buttons on the touchscreen still work (Hold, Mute, etc)... the only one that doesn't work is the Speakerphone button. I do not have touchscreen disabled in the Prefs.

Any ideas?

WATYF
    One quick suggestion.....

Go into device Prefs/Touchscreen and re-calibrate the touchscreen.

Also, check around the screen and make sure there is no debris trapped between the bezel and screen......

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    thanks... I just tried both of those, but still no dice.

The odd thing is that the speakerphone button still "lights up" when I touch it... it just doesn't actually turn on the speakerphone. I can see that it's detecting my touch... it just doesn't do anything.

WATYF
    OK, based on your last reply, did you check the speaker switch at the top of the Centro?

Is it on?

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    yeah... it's on.

You know how when you hit the speakerphone button it turns blue and then the text changes to something else (like "Speaker off" or whatever). Well... when I press mine, the button turns blue, but the text doesn't change. It just keeps saying "Spkr-phone".
    Any chance you have been using headphones and the switch inside the jack is stuck?

Insert & remove the headphone plug several times in quick succession.

If no joy, one drop of WD-40 on the plug and repeat.

If still no joy, give the jack a shot of canned air; blowing doesn't count because you might be adding moisture to whatever is sticking the switch.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    nah, I've never plugged headphones into this phone. I'm stumped.

WATYF
    You may have a 3rd party app screwing with your Centro. Do a backup and hard reset the device. If it now works, you will have to figure out what app caused the problem...

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    This may be a silly question, but have you confirmed tha the speaker still works with other programs?

Just to confirm, when the speaker is enabled on a call the button should switch to 'cancel spkr' does that happen, and if it does do you still hear through the normal earpiece?