1.    #1  
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any reference, on any board, to Verizon discontinuing 755p. What is that all about? Were they experiencing problems with it, or what? I planned on getting it in a couple of months, but now my option is Sprint, at least in California. I might consider switching for it since I have a lot loaded on Tungsten E and don't want to get involved with new OS. Does that make sense? or should I wait for entirely new device at Verizon. Centro not an option for me. Thanks for any ideas.
  2. EWT
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    You could always get one off ebay. They're pretty cheap and you wouldn't have to sign a contract.
    You can also try Craigslist as well. There you have the benefit of dealing locally and seeing it before you pay.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    If you are majorly into PIM stuff and messaging you could always try out a BB. There's the Curve or the upcoming Thunder, Bold, etc. Granted you will have to pay for the BB data plan, but it's an option.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Why is the Centro not an option?
    Just wondering, I hear a lot of people talk about the small size of the key board, but I can tell you it is not nearly as bad as folks say, I am a big guy with big fingers, and I have no problems with it at all, it works great as a PDA and a phone, at least as stable as my 650 was, with loads of mem.
    Terry
    It depends really. I get significantly more typos on the Centro than I do on the 755p. It's definitely usable but I don't like it as much as a larger keyboard. Also the touchscreen isn't as sensitive.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Also the touchscreen isn't as sensitive.
    Ok thats true
    Terry
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/7...the-treo-755p/

In all honesty, the 755p being discontinued on VZW is kinda considered "old news" by this point. Remember, they only began offering it in late Dec '07-early Jan '08, so it's not like VZW had a lot of 755p stock built up in the channel to begin with. As I've said before, it's practically a miracle Verizon even decided to offer any 755p's (or Centros) for sale after the debacle of the 700p and 700w, so we should all be grateful of that.

I'm personally going to stick with my VZW 755p through next spring when my contract is up and then see what's on the market.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    If you want a 755 from Sprint I would suggest you do it now.

A friend and I were in the Sprint store in Nashville Friday and he was going to take the plunge from his old flip phone.

The Sprint guy went to the back to get one, then came back and said they did not have any, had not gotten any in in over a week and said he thought it was "End of Life".

Needless to say we left without one. Back at work we checked the Sprint website and the 755 still available there, so he may still get one that route.

FYI Just sounds like its on its way out at the stores.
    definitely 755p looks like its near EOL..

I am praying that they come up with a 755p in the 800w form factor
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    You mean like the centro?
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    definitely 755p looks like its near EOL..

They did, it's called Centro
    Every Palm phone is ripping off the Centro form factor now, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Every Palm phone is ripping off the Centro form factor now, lol.

A coworker just got the 800w. It's keys and keyboard are almost, if not exactly, the same size as the 755p. It's similarly designed as the Centro but is bigger...

Just wish they'd come out with a palm OS 800....
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Keep in mind for anyone still wanting a 755p on Sprint, they have been shipping the "B" hardware revision for a few months now (only in blue, I think). I used two of these for a bit and they work extremely well, much better than either my VZW 755p or the older "A" Sprint 755p's they replaced. The "B" 755p isn't as snappy as the Centro, but it's very, very close. Reception seems marginally better &the earpiece volume is boosted slightly as well. I didn't have time to test the BT much but I'lll always a take a newer or improved hardare rev. whenever possible.

Just wanted to toss that out there for anyone who might be dragging their feet in trying to snag one of the final 755p's still available.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    I would still think it's somewhat hit or miss though. I had a 755p Rev A that worked great for over 6 months, which makes me think that the hardware Rev is not the only factor (software will definitely be an issue as well as random hardware screwups).