1.    #1  
    i hotsync my 755p to my laptop - when i used to hotsync it to my desktop, the pictures were stored in MyPictures and then something like PalmPhotos or something

most of my pictures are on my exp card

can't find my pictures *anywhere* on my laptop!!

i thought my pics were being backed up everytime i hotsynced - looked at the logs and... NOPE!

checked my little hotsync setup/config - there's no way to force it to bkp your pictures

any help out there for me??
    Check out your Palm Desktop app and click on the Media button on the left side of the screen.

They should be there.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3.    #3  
    ah

forgot

forgot to include that i checked that!

*not there!*

sonuvagun!
    Well, I have my Media conduit shut off, since it takes forever and a day to hotsync photos and videos. I use the program Card Reader to drag and drop photos and videos between my card and my laptop.

But when I used to hotsync photos they showed up in Programs -Palm - folder with your usename on it - and then there was a folder with Internal and Card I think on it. They showed up in there.

So right click on your hotsync icon and click Custom then check your conduits, see if you have your Media conduit set to synchronize files.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  5.    #5  
    my gut tells me that's gotta be the direction to go

here are my choices...
    - quick install
    - versamail
    - memos (outlook)
    - calendar (outlook)
    - contacts (outlook)
    - tasks (outlook)
    - install
    - install service templates
    - install to card
    - backup

that's it - compare that to yours

is there anything missing??
    Quote Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
    my gut tells me that's gotta be the direction to go

here are my choices...
    - quick install
    - versamail
    - memos (outlook)
    - calendar (outlook)
    - contacts (outlook)
    - tasks (outlook)
    - install
    - install service templates
    - install to card
    - backup

that's it - compare that to yours

is there anything missing??
    You're missing the "Media" conduit. You may have to run the install CD that came with your Treo to get that conduit to show up. I don't knnow of any other way to do it.

Perhaps someone else has a suggestion.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    plus only Sprint offers a Media conduit. Possibly include your carrier in your Public Profile info so it shows up when you post-it helps to have this info.

Oh, I also have an Addit conduit that you don't have; been even though I have the Media conduit set to "Do Nothing" it still shows up in the conduit list.
    Last edited by dollface; 09/07/2008 at 10:06 AM.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Actually...Alltel also has a Media Conduit.
    bk
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    You're missing the "Media" conduit. You may have to run the install CD that came with your Treo to get that conduit to show up. I don't knnow of any other way to do it.

Perhaps someone else has a suggestion.

Good Luck
    I agree with TurboTiger, but first UNinstall the current Palm Desktop, then re-install it. See if maybe that helps.

If that doesn't work, then I'd suggest using a card reader. I use Card Reader to transfer pics to/from PC/Treo. I find this to be much easier and quicker too. I have my Media conduit set to "Do nothing".

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
  10.    #10  
    alright.. will try that!

and yes - i'm w/ sprint